Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
Jim Dow

Lippert Multifunction Remote Control

Recently I purchased a 2011 Montana High Country 5W. A Lippert Multifunction Remote Control Unit came with the 5W to control the slides, awning, front leveling jacks, etc. I would like to purchase a spare remote control unit - I might misplace the original one. I checked on the Lippert website but could not find but one result for my search; and that was their newer model which is probably not compatible with my 5W.

The original remote control unit from Lippert does not even have a part number on it.

How can I find an additional remote control unit?
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
rclark

Hi Jim I would try contacting Lippert Manufacturing support. They have been helpful in solving a couple of problems I had with their products. My understanding is that the remotes have been discontinued for later models, but I would think they should still be able to help. Good luck.

2007 Chevy 3500 Dually Duramax Allison
2013 Keystone Alpine 3555rl, Onan 5500, Directv Dish
2004 Everest 364Q
2005 Larado Bunk House TT
2004 Komfort TT
1973 Kenskill TT
rclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dow View Post
How can I find an additional remote control unit?
There is one "Buy It Now" on Ebay right now for 27.45. The guy has 9 of them available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lippert-LCD-...f5f321&vxp=mtr

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
KenBob

GAMA made the R/C system for our Fuzion. Likely contracted by Keystone and/or Lippert. They may be able to assist. http://www.gamainc.com/rc/
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
kenn209

Mine died a long time ago, Went through the wash!! If I buy one of off eBay, do you think it will work? Are they all the same? Or does it need to be programmed?
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn209 View Post
Mine died a long time ago, Went through the wash!! If I buy one of off eBay, do you think it will work? Are they all the same? Or does it need to be programmed?
I've had good luck buying all sorts of electronics on Ebay. Shop the seller as much as the item. Read their feedback as a Seller to learn about them.

Here's a link to a PDF that identifies all of the current and past Lippert remotes and receivers. http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/co...dReceivers.pdf

If you go to the Customer Service link on the Lippert web page, there are all kinds of documents available for many, many of their systems. All the stuff on the remotes is under Electronics. There are pretty good detail sheets on each of the systems they've offered over the years. You'll have to look at them to see which is your particular system. www.lci1.com

Yes, I suspect that a replacement remote will need to be programmed. Programming instructions are part of the support documents mentioned above.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
Wayne

We ordered a replacement from our dealer & paid an extremely high price. It came with no instructions to program. The salesman directed me to Lippert's site. The instructions for programming the remote were there; plus I discovered I could have purchased directly from them for a lot less. I think Lippert's price was $99 so the $27 price is much better.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
Husky slide
2012 Cougar HC 299RKS

Remember, "No matter where you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #8
kenn209

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LI...te-2nd-gen.pdf

Here are the instructions to program. Bought my replacement yesterday
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
kenn209

Well got my remote today. The one I bought off of eBay, Followed the instructions, pretty easy.

Except.... When I push Front landing gear. The main slide moves in/out. Bedroom and optional slide are reversed too. Awning controls front landing gear and main slide controls the awning or something like that.... Had a good laugh. Now to figure out what went wrong...
Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
labs4life

Quote:
Well got my remote today. The one I bought off of eBay, Followed the instructions, pretty easy.

Except.... When I push Front landing gear. The main slide moves in/out. Bedroom and optional slide are reversed too. Awning controls front landing gear and main slide controls the awning or something like that.... Had a good laugh. Now to figure out what went wrong...
That is too funny. Now give it to a buddy and have them press a button, hen give the old "what did you do!!!!" Watch their face turn red and then say i didn't do anything!!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
kenn209

Quote:
Originally Posted by labs4life View Post
That is too funny. Now give it to a buddy and have them press a button, hen give the old "what did you do!!!!" Watch their face turn red and then say i didn't do anything!!!
I will have to try that this weekend!!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:44 AM   #12
SkiSmuggs

I have the opposite problem where the multi-function receiver failed. The part shows as 13505, but 217609 is what looks like the same part on the LCI site:
http://lci1.com/assets/content/suppo...dReceivers.pdf

$480 Lippert price and no idea yet what my dealer would want for it. The receiver failure forces me to use the remote as the control switches won't work. I would rather eliminate the remote function all together.
I think I saw the 217609 on PPL for $250.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #13
Pmedic4

Eliminate the Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
I have the opposite problem where the multi-function receiver failed. The part shows as 13505, but 217609 is what looks like the same part on the LCI site:

$480 Lippert price and no idea yet what my dealer would want for it. The receiver failure forces me to use the remote as the control switches won't work. I would rather eliminate the remote function all together.
Actually, JRTJH had posted this information for disabling the failed function board a couple of days ago, either search on his handle to find it, or the topic of the post was http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19491.

It was titled "Remote Works, Switches Don't", and he described how to move the connections to make it work for the switches. As I once broke my remote, I filed this information for future reference!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post

I would advise against using a photo on the LCI website to confirm the part. Use the part number for your unit for the part number to buy, then confirm it with a phone call to LCI Customer Service.

Often times website managers will use a "stock photo" to illustrate a component. It may be a "similar item" or even, at times "something that looks kind of like" what they are listing. Going by the picture may or may not get you what you actually need.

Do a LCI search using the correct part number and you should get to the page for what you need. THEN: confirm it with a followup call. Almost all electronic items are not returnable, and you don't need to "learn a $500 lesson" because LCI's web manager posted the wrong photo.

The photo listing for my remote receiver that malfunctioned shows a 5 position remote, but in actuality, the part number is not the same as the one listed on the website photo. Had the dealer ordered using the photo of what "looks like mine" he would have received the incorrect item. Use the numbers, not the pictures !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #15
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
Actually, JRTJH had posted this information for disabling the failed function board a couple of days ago, either search on his handle to find it, or the topic of the post was http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19491.

It was titled "Remote Works, Switches Don't", and he described how to move the connections to make it work for the switches. As I once broke my remote, I filed this information for future reference!
Pete's RV quoted $831, so THANK YOU for this info. My board isn't exactly the same but I will look to see if the process is the same.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #16
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I would advise against using a photo on the LCI website to confirm the part. Use the part number for your unit for the part number to buy, then confirm it with a phone call to LCI Customer Service.

Often times website managers will use a "stock photo" to illustrate a component. It may be a "similar item" or even, at times "something that looks kind of like" what they are listing. Going by the picture may or may not get you what you actually need.

Do a LCI search using the correct part number and you should get to the page for what you need. THEN: confirm it with a followup call. Almost all electronic items are not returnable, and you don't need to "learn a $500 lesson" because LCI's web manager posted the wrong photo.

The photo listing for my remote receiver that malfunctioned shows a 5 position remote, but in actuality, the part number is not the same as the one listed on the website photo. Had the dealer ordered using the photo of what "looks like mine" he would have received the incorrect item. Use the numbers, not the pictures !!!
Yeah, my dealer said they ordered the 7 function board from Keystone. The similar 8 function board on Lippert was $330, but the 7 function board on Keystone was $530. I sent Lippert an email and may do the same with Keystone as neither matches my part number. Your work around should work in any case as those wires you moved seem the same on all the boards. Or I could just use the remote for now as it has its advantages, but cons as well (time out is very short so you have to turn it on again between some functions). I think I will cancel the dealer appointment as they already told me there is no way to get it working without replacing the board.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #17
SkiSmuggs

2012 Cougar Remote Board

Here is the photo of mine and, although upside down and a little different, the remote and switch wires look the same so the process should work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cougar Remote Board.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	7097  
Old 09-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks like the input for manual/remote operations are the same 4 wires that are located in the same positions on my board. Yes, yours is mounted "upside down" or maybe mine is mounted "downside up" ??? At any rate, your receiver looks like the 3rd generation 8 function unit. The 5 function and the 8 function are the same on the "multi connection" side and yours has the added 6 connectors (added 3 functions) on the opposing side.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #19
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

Lippert has confirmed that the model number 13505 on mine is the same at the part number 217609 shown on their web site. And, of course, the Keystone store has an even different number with a description of 7 function vs 8 function on Lippert. Since the Keystone model number and Lippert part number match, I think I am good to go to order from Lippert as a spare in case the board fails completely.
Thanks for some good info here!
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 AM   #20
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LI...te-2nd-gen.pdf

Here are the instructions to program. Bought my replacement yesterday
The location has changed to:
http://lci1.com/assets/content/suppo...sheet/0146.pdf