Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #21
KJcachers

Why we settled on the 246RBS plenty of open space with the slide out and the dinette is curbside with a big window looking over our campsite instead of out the street side towards my neighbors site.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
BruLaz

Light and ventilation are important. Side windows in the slide. Vents in kitchen and bed area as well as the bath.

Quote:
the dinette is curbside with a big window looking over our campsite instead of out the street side towards my neighbors site
This is a good idea. But the smaller trailers we've been looking at all have a rear bath and street side kitchen. The dinette or sofa is in the slide curbside.

Only in larger trailers do I see the dinette street side with a big window, often with a sofa in the slide opposite.

A big window in the rear of the trailer would also nice, but again only larger trailers seem to have it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #23
dakota01

The Passport and the Bullet had the two floor plans we were seeking for our needs. My fav in looks is the Premier and Outback, but neither offered our needs. The Bullet had a little more spit & polish and more "features", so we decided on the 241bhs.
dakota01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

We bought s 248RKS with rear kitchen and dinette street side. Lots of light and breezy windows. Have used it twice and love it. Our 18 yr old son and two small dogs have plenty of room all things considered. We couldn't be happier.
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
BruLaz

That Bullet 248RBS is nice. Out west you can get the similar Cougar Half-Ton 24RKSWE that's a foot and a half shorter.

Both have a big dinette window streetside and a window over the rear kitchen counter. Along with the windows in the sofa slideout, you get a very open/spacious sitting/kitchen area.

The Cougar 24RKS has been around for a while, spotted a used 2005 model online. Guess this is a popular configuration.

Glad we're in no rush to get a new trailer. Seems every week I have a new favourite.