Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #1
Teenz2

TV removal from mount

Hello everyone!
Newbie to this group.
Looking for some help or guidance.
I have a 2018 Retreat 391Loft. The summit tv in the living area went out. It is on a wall mount. That area is so tight and the tv only swivels a tiny bit. I found what tools I will need but no where can I find how to do this to replace the tv. One of those tools is a mirror the space is so tight. Already dreading this job, can anyone who has possibly done this give me any tips or insight please.
Teenz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
wrvond

A short phillips head screwdriver is your friend. There should be four pan head screws, two on top of the mount plate and two at the bottom. Loosen the top ones just a half turn or so then remove the two bottom ones. Lift the television straight up to free it from the mount and pull straight away from it.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:13 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Since your current mount doesn't turn much or come out, go to Walmart and buy an articulating mount that does and is rated for weight to hold your new television. I bought mine at Harbor Freight and it comes out over a foot and you can turn it about 30 degrees,
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

I have an old flat ratcheting box wrench with ¼" box end and a 5/16" box on the other. It's great for tight spaces as I put 1/4" drive phillips bit in at and tape over the back end of the bit. I can fit it into tight spaces and it cuts down on my cursing.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:42 PM   #5
Teenz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
A short phillips head screwdriver is your friend. There should be four pan head screws, two on top of the mount plate and two at the bottom. Loosen the top ones just a half turn or so then remove the two bottom ones. Lift the television straight up to free it from the mount and pull straight away from it.
Thank you! You are my hero!
!
Old 04-03-2022, 05:44 PM   #6
Teenz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Since your current mount doesn't turn much or come out, go to Walmart and buy an articulating mount that does and is rated for weight to hold your new television. I bought mine at Harbor Freight and it comes out over a foot and you can turn it about 30 degrees,
Wiredgeorge
I have a harbor frieght near me. I will check that out. But another question please. Are these mounts universal~ will the new ine fit my Samsing 50” I bought? Thank you
Old 04-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #7
Teenz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I have an old flat ratcheting box wrench with ¼" box end and a 5/16" box on the other. It's great for tight spaces as I put 1/4" drive phillips bit in at and tape over the back end of the bit. I can fit it into tight spaces and it cuts down on my cursing.
Flybouy
Great advice thank you. I have already done plenty of cursing at this asinine tv mount design. You can not even see the wires behind the tv. I had to take a picture. I bought a sound bar and getting that hooked up was a nightmare and I gave tiny hands!
Going to give this a try. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2022, 06:00 PM   #8
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenz2 View Post
Wiredgeorge
I have a harbor frieght near me. I will check that out. But another question please. Are these mounts universal~ will the new ine fit my Samsing 50” I bought? Thank you
They aren't what I'd call "universal". When you purchase a mount kit it comes with a variety of screws to fit the screws holes on the majority of televisions. They also often come with extension bars to increase the likely hood of fitting pretty much any TV out there.
Since your mount came with the trailer as did the TV, the installer probably threw away the "extra" parts he didn't need.
About all you can do is lay the new TV face down on a soft towel, remove the bracket from the wall and see if you can line it up with four holes equidistant from the center of the TV. Hurdle two will be checking to see if your existing screws are the correct diameter and thread pitch for the holes in the TV.

Good luck!

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 03:42 AM   #9
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:41 PM   #10
Papascott

T.v. removal from the mount above the fireplace

I have a 2021 Keystone Alpine 3700fl. I need to replace the t.v. that is in the cabinet that slides up and down. Any suggestions?
Papascott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:13 PM   #11
Camping family

Following need to do the same thing. Want to replace the jenson with a smart tv.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount