Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
kaysntees

Question need suggestions, 2014 Hideout

Any ideas appreciated. I have 2 outlets that all of a sudden stopped working. They are same kitchen wall area, and the light over the sink works. I'm a nurse not an electrician but try to handle most situations on the trailer repairs. I google well.

Thank you in advance.
kaysntees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:59 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

First what is the model of the Hideout, year etc.? If you go to the User CP in the upper left corner and fill in the information on your trailer, tow vehicle and any other pertinent information (save it) it makes answering questions much easier and they will be more specific.

Without knowing the trailer model I don't know if 2 outlets is a lot or not much. Also your kitchen lights work on 12vdc and your outlets are 120vac so they aren't related. If the outlets are in the kitchen area they are probably GFI outlets. Have you checked all your outlets to see if a GFI plug has tripped? You can reset it if so. You could have a loose connection but I would definitely be checking the tripped outlet first.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:21 PM   #3
kaysntees

Thank you for your help on the site info. 2014 Hornet Hideout 26BHS. My daughter is currently temporarily living in it, she is a travel nurse. It's been working fine, but today told me 2 plugs near the kitchen and the one in the bathroom are not working. So I will go down this weekend and check the plugs. again thank you so much Sourdough.
kaysntees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:29 PM   #4
bsmith0404

Two plugs in the kitchen and one in the bathroom definitely sounds like either the GFI or breaker. Was she trying to use her hair dryer when everything stopped working? That is a very high draw item and it’s common for breakers or GFIs to trip.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:43 AM   #5
spicercars

Check your GFI. Welcome from northern MN.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:01 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysntees View Post
Thank you for your help on the site info. 2014 Hornet Hideout 26BHS. My daughter is currently temporarily living in it, she is a travel nurse. It's been working fine, but today told me 2 plugs near the kitchen and the one in the bathroom are not working. So I will go down this weekend and check the plugs. again thank you so much Sourdough.

If she is living in it you might be able to save yourself a trip (unless you planned to go anyway). Have your daughter go to the bathroom and look at the electrical outlet there. It will probably have a button on it. If it is popped up have her depress it back into the outlet body, it should stay down. If so she has probably restored the power to the plugs.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout