Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2022, 07:52 AM   #1
rjniles

Florida state reservation system

Has anyone figured out there new system. In the last year Florida switched from Reserve America (easy to use) to their own reservation system that is IMO hard to navigate. Reservations are 11 months in advance, sites becoming available at 8 AM.
I am trying to make reservations I south Florida for next January. With Reseve America I could set up a booking window for sites opening up that day and try to book one (hit or miss). The new system does let you access the sites becoming available but makes you request a site at the specific campground.

Anyone with insights?
Old 03-01-2022, 06:33 AM   #2
rjniles

Got lucky this AM. Checked the FL reservation site this morning at 8 AM. Got nothing, everything 11 months in advance booked by 1 second after 8 . Checked back about 9AM and got a site at Sebastian Inlet State Park, 14 days starting 3-1-23. Someone must have grabbed a reservation and not completed the booking.

I am going out a buy some lottery tickets.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
RVGator

How did you get a reservation starting 3-1-23 when you can only book 11 months in advance? You should have only been able to get one for 2-1-23?
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:42 AM   #4
rjniles

Typo, start date is 2/1/23.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:15 AM   #5
rampullingthecougar

It almost seems like you are competing with an automated system that is out there grabbing reservations. But through dogged perseverance, I was able to get a week in January of 2023 at Henderson Beach State Park, a week in February at Dr Julian Bruce State Park, St George Island, and another week in February back at Henderson Beach State Park. Without exaggerating, this was after about 50 attempts. So I know the reservation system works, but it sure seems like you are competing against a machine.
rampullingthecougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:49 PM   #6
rjniles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampullingthecougar View Post
It almost seems like you are competing with an automated system that is out there grabbing reservations. But through dogged perseverance, I was able to get a week in January of 2023 at Henderson Beach State Park, a week in February at Dr Julian Bruce State Park, St George Island, and another week in February back at Henderson Beach State Park. Without exaggerating, this was after about 50 attempts. So I know the reservation system works, but it sure seems like you are competing against a machine.
We spent 2 weeks at T H Stone State Park near Port St Joe the February before it was destroyed by the hurricane. Too cold for us, we like south Florida that time of the year.