Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
Muskateer10

Keystone Premier 2020 Furnace Problem

I have a Keystone Premier 2020 Furnace problem. The hot water heater also would not work on LP. I fixed the water heater problem; The gas valve was plugged (possibly dirty propane?

Anyway on to the Furnace. I suspect a bad sail switch. The fan motor turns on for 30-45 seconds (never timed it precisely) and then it shuts down.
I never hear the gas ignite nor do I hear the ignitor (although with the fan running I probably can't hear it anyway). Also, I only feel cold air coming from the floor vents. The floor vents are not covered with anything. It is a Dometic furnace (I believe).

How do I remove the furnace to check it? I can't find anybody to come out and look at it (the two shops near Devils Lake,ND) are busy with winterizing RV's in the area.

The only access is under the refrigerator from inside of the RV. From YouTube video's it is a piece of cake to remove the furnace. There are 2 screws along the left side of the furnace which you remove and you are good to pull it out.
At least that is the YouTube Story.
I have the 2 screws removed, I have the ductwork removed. However, there seems to be something holding it on the backside (Really the exhaust port side). I also removed the exhaust vent cover on the outside of the RV. It still acts like something is holding it on the exhaust port side.
I can move the furnace back and forth about an inch; But when I try to drag it to the left, it will move about an inch and that is it. I have removed the zip tie for the electrical cables. Any ideas on what is preventing the furnace from sliding out? ??

Yes, I have full propane tanks. Yes, the propane tank is turned on. Yes, the stove works. Yes, the water heater is currently running on LP. Yes, the furnace fuse is currently removed.

any HELP, would be appreciated!
Note 1:
I am at the RV currently, However the RV shops are closed on weekends.
*Note 2: I am not proficient at using these forums. I tried my best to search for something similar. But i am old and not that great with computers.
Muskateer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
Muskateer10

Fixed

Well I guess the internet is quite slow. I found out how to remove the furnace then I found and fixed the problem while waiting for suggestions. I am really glad I did not hold my breath. LoL
Old 09-11-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

What did you find? I had initially wrote a post to make certain you had removed the outside vent cover that pushes onto the exhaust tube but re read and you said you did that. After that, not having your trailer or pictures it's pretty hard to just "shoot in the dark" about what it might be as you had done most of the easy, generic things.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #4
Muskateer10

Well I went the hard way and took the outside exhaust off (completely). Then I found that I could lift up on that hard to reach part of the furnace and it then slide to where I could turn it. So there must be a lip on that side that causes it to hang up.

As to what I found, it was the same thing as the water heater. Both the water heater and the Furnace were blocked by something. So the solenoid worked but the gas would not flow through. I did a no-no as far as the fix (at least I am certain people will get bent out shape over it) LoL. I took each gas valve out, hooked up 12 volts and ground. Then I turned my air compressor down to about 3 PSI, and back blew through the valve. I heard it pop, then everything worked fine. **I should add that I took the nozzle (oriface???) off of the furnace valve before blowing air through it. One must be " very careful" with this method. Never have the air pressure very high (IMO). I checked the air nozzle and could barely feel any air....So I know I was not over-pressuring the valve. Bottom line - Do this at your own risk!!!

The bottom line is I just received to 30 lb tanks that were overfilled, and they must have had dirt in the their tanks at the filling station. The overfilling resulted in a wrecked regulator (it could not handle the oil). But obviously nothing worked after installing the new regulator (dirt had already don't it's mischief. )

Tags
furnace, keystone