Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
JUST4FUN

Quick connect for lp

Typing on my phone here so please forgive me! There is a quick connect under my copper canyon fith wheel that must be for connecting a grill or other lp device I'm assuming? Is this coupler the same as a natural gas connection? That is the closest thing I can find that looks like it would go Into it. Looks like an air hose quick connect. Thanks for your help!!! I'm out on my first camping trip as we speak and am figuring things out as I go!!!
JUST4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #2
THedges

It's to hook up a BBQ. You can buy a grill that is made for the quick connect and it will come with the correct hose. Enjoy your camping trip!
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUST4FUN View Post
Typing on my phone here so please forgive me! There is a quick connect under my copper canyon fith wheel that must be for connecting a grill or other lp device I'm assuming? Is this coupler the same as a natural gas connection? That is the closest thing I can find that looks like it would go Into it. Looks like an air hose quick connect. Thanks for your help!!! I'm out on my first camping trip as we speak and am figuring things out as I go!!!
You are correct in your first assumption. It is for a grill or propane stove. It uses a gas QC fitting, air compressor types are not acceptable, and it's unlikely it would even fit. Keystone uses Fairview fittings. You can Google it and they are available all over the Internet. Your's is a 1/4".

If you want to use an aftermarket grill with it, it's very doable, but you need to make sure that the regulator can be removed and replaced with a QC fitting. Weber grills allow this, I've read that Coleman will not and use a proprietary thread size on their components, but I have not been able to verify that. I know Weber works and there are several that will also. You'll need to adapt a gas hose of whatever length you need with a QC on one end to mate with the grill and a 1/4" male on the trailer end to connect there.

The photos show what you will end up with. While you're at it, get a pipe npple and some yellow thread tape and extend the QC under the trailer out to the side so you don't have to crawl under to get to it.

Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
fivergeezer

Do all Keystone 5th wheels have a LP quick disconnect underneath? I just purchased a new Montana 3402 and would like to be able to hook it up and not have to buy those little gas bottles for my Weber 100.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
f6bits

I’d make no guarantees if your fiver has a quick connect. My Passport does, and it seems the norm. Hopefully your trailer is close to you so you can peek underneath and see if you can find one. Mine is next to my steps, tapping off the LP pipe that goes from my tanks to my kitchen/furnace/water heater area.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Egnilk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
I’d make no guarantees if your fiver has a quick connect. My Passport does, and it seems the norm. Hopefully your trailer is close to you so you can peek underneath and see if you can find one. Mine is next to my steps, tapping off the LP pipe that goes from my tanks to my kitchen/furnace/water heater area.

Would that be beneath, or obscured by, the underbelly?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
randy69

No quick disconnect on my lev361

My toy box 5th had no outside connectin for a BBQ . So I made one.
Turn off the propane first........
1. 1/2 black pipe tee
2. 1/2 x 1/4 black bushing
3. 1/4 brass male pipe x female quick dissconect
4. Pipe dope for pipe fittings
5. Soap solution for checking leaks
6. 1/4 brass petcock (1/4 male x 1/4 female
The bushing goes in the tee petcock in the bushing quick dissconect into petcock.

Here is a picture. Very easy to do. This is over 2 years old. The BBq 25' hose, I decided to go with high pressure hose for safety (thicker) has quick disconnect Male one end, female on the other. On BBQ I cut off the regulator and installed a 1/4 inch ball valve and a male quick disconnect.
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egnilk66 View Post
Would that be beneath, or obscured by, the underbelly?
It is ½" black iron pipe running along the bottom of the outside frame rail. It is exposed and you can't miss it. Follow the length of the trailer to see if you have a QC. I use a 15' hose connected to my entry side LP bottle with a splitter that has worked fine for me for many years. It is unregulated and attaches to the fitting for the small bottles that is regulated. It depends on your grill if you need regulated or unregulated supply.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote