Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
chunker

Build and price

Is there a build and price feature on the Keystone site for the Montana? I thought that in the past I saw one but can't find it now. Highly unlikely I could ever find one on a dealer's lot with stuff I want like dual pane windows, queen bed, slide awnings, full body paint and generator.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
dutchmensport

I'm on my 3rd Keystone manufactured trailer. I've been all over Keystone's web site from one end to the other for years and years now. I've never seen a feature on their web site anything like what you are asking. If one exists, it's a well hidden secret, maybe only available to dealerships.

I've not seen anything like this either on any other RV manufacturer web site either.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Keystone revamped their website recently but I don't recall a "build and price" option previously. They currently have, and I believe it was that way before, the option for you to request a quote from a dealer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #4
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Keystone revamped their website recently but I don't recall a "build and price" option previously. They currently have, and I believe it was that way before, the option for you to request a quote from a dealer.
Yes I saw that but I could do that myself anyway. The brochure available online shows some of the options but I was wanting to put one together online and hopefully see what the $$$ would be MSRP.

Different question but would you consider the Montana to be a more or less equivalent to the GD Solitude line? My research seems to think that.

EDIT add, what's the difference between the 3120RL and 3121RL? Is one with residential refer?? Comparing the 3121 is 57# lighter but the pin is 70# heavier????
Old 12-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I'm on my 3rd Keystone manufactured trailer. I've been all over Keystone's web site from one end to the other for years and years now. I've never seen a feature on their web site anything like what you are asking. If one exists, it's a well hidden secret, maybe only available to dealerships.

I've not seen anything like this either on any other RV manufacturer web site either.
Grand Design has it for the Solitude line. It lets you go through the various options and end up with the MSRP for the build. You then have the option to have the build inquiry passed to a dealer. I did that for a Solitude 310GK and then copied the build sheet page for that dealer to look at and give me a quote.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Yes I saw that but I could do that myself anyway. The brochure available online shows some of the options but I was wanting to put one together online and hopefully see what the $$$ would be MSRP.

Different question but would you consider the Montana to be a more or less equivalent to the GD Solitude line? My research seems to think that.

EDIT add, what's the difference between the 3120RL and 3121RL? Is one with residential refer?? Comparing the 3121 is 57# lighter but the pin is 70# heavier????

The GD Solitude is more or less the equivalent of the Montana in all my research and walk throughs. My choice boiled down to dealer.

The difference in the 3120 and 3121 is the res fridge. The weights you are looking at will vary with the real deal. The 331RL I looked at in FL, and based my purchase decision on, weighed 500lbs. less than the unit I had them hold for me in TX. Didn't even think about having them send me a pic of the placard on the trailer because I had no idea they would vary that much.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #7
dutchmensport

Yes, the difference between the 3120 and 3121 is the refrigerator. On the 3120 you get a more conventional gas-electric RV refrigerator. On the 3121 you get a residential refrigerator, plus an inverter, plus the switch over control, plus more batteries. (2 of them). In addition the inverter will be wired to the refrigerator and possibly additional electric outlets so you can power the refrigerator from the battery when not plugged into shore power.

Same is true for the High Country 374fl and 375fl, also the 376 and 377. The higher number has the residential refrigerator package.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:39 PM   #8
Roscommon48

call lakeshore in michigan and you'll get a fairly accurate price for what you are looking for.

you may look at the new alliances that came out back in january.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #9
gearhead

I think Jayco has that build and price on their website. Just for a reference.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:51 AM   #10
ewbldavis

MSRP never seems close, so I would search model I wanted online and try to look at dealer pricing and included options. Also compared different dealers to have an idea.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:43 AM   #11
haiduan

I just bought my Alpine in October. I could swear that I had printed out a pricing sheet that allowed me to select the options I wanted prior to buying. Unfortunately I didn't keep the printout (wish I had). I'm currently arguing with the dealer over the installation of an external TV that was previously listed as an option and was to be included in my sale. Don't see that option now on the website.
haiduan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #12
geo

This is a Keystone Forum, so I do realize this is not but for a few. As Grand Design and Jayco were mentioned, I thought I might follow that tangent just for information.

We presently own, now, a New Horizons fifth wheel. New Horizons has a build and price tool on their website to "get an estimate" on a Summit or Majestic. Note: The Summit model is "like" a DRV Mobile or Elite Suites. The Majestic is the top model. New Horizons is a total custom-built fifth wheel RV and is priced accordingly. They only build about 40 units a year. There are probably 40 Montanas produced a day or two in Elkhart! I did get a chuckle looking at this thread. At the bottom, there was a link to an article on winter camping in an RV. There was a picture of our RV and truck from February 2019 in Pagosa Springs, CO!

When we ordered our Alpine in 2010, we "had" a build sheet as we wanted certain options, such as double pane windows. We were shown a build sheet with prices, but the dealer made sure we did not keep a copy or a picture of the sheet!
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #13
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Yes, the difference between the 3120 and 3121 is the refrigerator. On the 3120 you get a more conventional gas-electric RV refrigerator. On the 3121 you get a residential refrigerator, plus an inverter, plus the switch over control, plus more batteries. (2 of them). In addition the inverter will be wired to the refrigerator and possibly additional electric outlets so you can power the refrigerator from the battery when not plugged into shore power.

Same is true for the High Country 374fl and 375fl, also the 376 and 377. The higher number has the residential refrigerator package.
One thing regarding the residential fridge is that there are now 12V compressor fridges available from Dometic and I think Norcold makes one as well but not sure. Unless you want the inverter, batteries and all the rest (added weight), you now have this other option. Your dealer can request this fridge from Keystone when they build your unit or the dealer can swap out your gas/electric fridge for the 12v compressor unit. Advantage is no worries about running on propane and slow temperature recoveries, or just inconsistent temps. No worries of running on propane while traveling. There has been a debate about this for years, if this is a safe practice. The 12V compressors keep much more stable temps, much faster cool down, better recovery. I had my fridge cooling unit replaced at JC Refrigeration in Indiana and it was a huge difference. They also use heavier gauge steel than Dometic and Norcold with a 3 year warranty. The use of residential fridge has been declining because of all their issues, though I know lots of folks have not had issues. Now that RV compressor driven units are now available, and are built for the abuses of rv travel, these are becoming more popular than residential fridge. Something to consider.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:47 PM   #14
Jnich17

Keystone price sheet

I just purchased a 2021 Keystone Avalanche 383FL and this is my 3rd Keystone in 10 years. I haven't ever seen a price build sheet. They will refer you to a dealer to get a quote. I have found that the best thing to do is go to a sell site like RV Trader and they list all makes campers all over the country and you can get pricing from there.
Most makes now offer very few options with most everything in standard packages. This is especially true in your higher priced upscale models.
Airlift Bags
Jnich17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:04 AM   #15
jimborokz

We were shopping our 5th wl in the spring with plans to travel in the fall. Dealer suggested we order new rather than compromise with one on the lot. He gave us a build sheet with all the options and packages and pricing to fill out. He ordered it from that sheet and we got exactly what we wanted.

Our Ford truck I "built" on their website and sent it to three dealers to bid on.
All worked out quite well.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote