Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
MikeNovak

Black tank valve issue

Have a 2018 427 Fuzion and having an issue with the black tank.

The last few times I’ve gone to open the cap for the tanks black water has come out before releasing the valve. Is there a secondary valve somewhere that could be open I’m missing?

Pretty gross
MikeNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:18 PM   #2
Theoldroaddog

I had the same issue on my 2016 Impact 361. I bought a Valterra twist on gate valve through Amazon. I found that there was construction debris that was causing the gate valve on the black tank from closing correctly.

Valterra Black T58 Twist-On Waste Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS..._je1VDbZ5H1PWP
Theoldroaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

To answer your question: No, there's not a secondary valve in the black tank or the gray tank dump plumbing.

That said, Theoldroaddog's suggestion of a twist on, terminal valve is a great idea, not only to eliminate the "surprises" that occasionally occur, but as additional "insurance" against that "deluge of stink" that happens if there's a catastrophic failure..... A "well spent $20" for sure !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
K_N_L

Same issue

My black tank gate is still very stiff, and will leak some as well. A extra twist on Secondary gate is the best insurance. I have lube’d the cable and even rerouted to cable to take some extra bends out but it’s still not prefect.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
Roadmaster

It appears with that setup, you couldn't leave the gray open because the black and gray share the same end pipe.
Roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmaster View Post
It appears with that setup, you couldn't leave the gray open because the black and gray share the same end pipe.
Why not? You still have a valve on each tank prior to than. The blank tank valve isn't stuck open according to the OP just leaks a little liquid over time.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
Roadmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Why not? You still have a valve on each tank prior to than. The blank tank valve isn't stuck open according to the OP just leaks a little liquid over time.
I got the idea he was going to leave the original black valve open and just use the twist on. My cable controlled valve is so stiff I fear I'm going to break the handle trying to open and close it. I guess I misunderstood how he was going to use it.
Roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmaster View Post
I got the idea he was going to leave the original black valve open and just use the twist on. My cable controlled valve is so stiff I fear I'm going to break the handle trying to open and close it. I guess I misunderstood how he was going to use it.
I was thinking what the OP said, and not what K_N_L reported.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
K_N_L

I wasnt clear in my earlier post was about a twist on gate - (edited) My sewer connection and grey 2 under my sofa slide, So before the slide goes out , I connect the hose and open the twist on gate and grey 2 and leave them open till pack up. I only open the gates in the convenience center at flush / packup time. I tend to open and close the black handle a couple of times to get a good close but i havent got it where I trust it. I been behind the panel a couple of times and its wasnt the best organized area.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank