Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
sandy43

Ref In-Command system in new Alpine.

I've been working with the In-Command system and really like it. I do have one problem that i can't seem to fix. My system is set for a schedule on the HVAC (A/C) system. I can change the schedule, but I don't know how to delete or eliminate the schedule. I don't want any scheduling. The book doesn't tell me how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy43 View Post
I've been working with the In-Command system and really like it. I do have one problem that i can't seem to fix. My system is set for a schedule on the HVAC (A/C) system. I can change the schedule, but I don't know how to delete or eliminate the schedule. I don't want any scheduling. The book doesn't tell me how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Wow my in-command doesn’t do HVAC. Separate thermostat. Now I’m bummed
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
wobly

The only way I have found to "inactivate it" is to turn it off. The schedule is still there, but you are just telling it not to follow the schedule.

I wish that I could set a "high" and "low" limit. But, from what I can tell, it goes 4 degrees +/- from the temperature you set.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #4
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
From what I've read on here you don't need to be bummed about your In-Command not having the HVAC feature, I'm glad mine doesn't.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:50 PM   #5
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
From what I've read on here you don't need to be bummed about your In-Command not having the HVAC feature, I'm glad mine doesn't.

That bad eh?
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #6
LHaven

It's REALLY subtle. It took me a long while to figure it out.

At the bottom of the HVAC menu, there is the word schedule. If you tap the word schedule, there is a dot next to it that will go on or off. When the dot is off, the schedule is disabled, and when it's on, it's enabled. You're right, the manual is no help at all here.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:57 AM   #7
DocP

I was initially concerned about my new Cougar 34TSB having the In-Command system; wondering what I would do if it suddenly stopped working. My experiences so far have far exceeded my expectations - it's great being able to control just about everything (lights, slides outs, HVAC, awnings, etc.) from my smart phone. Time will tell.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:51 AM   #8
TJO

Pick my Alpine up on the 9th of April so following these threads with interest. Thanks for posting.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:52 AM   #9
LHaven

If it "stops working," you have the ability to manually run the motors from the InCommand equipment blister, which in my rig is inside the cargo compartment. Not sure how you are supposed to run the HVAC.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #10
sandy43

Ihaven, That's exactly what the manufacturer (ASA) told me this morning. Bingo, it worked.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #11
LHaven

I've found the folks at ASA to be particularly prompt, helpful, and knowledgeable, compared with the "industry standard" support one gets from places like Keystone or Dometic.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #12
Chuck26287

Yeah, I typically love technology and the innovation it brings, and I'm usually all for smartphone app access to about anything, but I still have a little apprehension about the "smart 5er of the future". Picking up my first unit with In-Command tomorrow if all goes well. Was planning to spend a LOT of time going through the manual, so the manual being no help is a little concerning. Oh well, you know RVing... always an adventure!
Chuck26287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:29 PM   #13
LHaven

Yeah, I'm still getting used to new complications-- like having to cross my legs while I put in a password before I can use the toilet at a rest stop (to turn on the water pump).
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:47 PM   #14
wobly

For those who are going to get the InCommand systems, I went through two of the wrong app titled the same thing until I got this version installed on my Galaxy S8+. The other versions will "look" like they are connecting to the system, but they won't work.

Sorry to derail the thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190329-144513_Samsung%20Experience%20Home.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	21118
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #15
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
For those who are going to get the InCommand systems, I went through two of the wrong app titled the same thing until I got this version installed on my Galaxy S8+. The other versions will "look" like they are connecting to the system, but they won't work.

Sorry to derail the thread. Attachment 21118
I did the same thing (i.e., installed the wrong In-Command app). Once you get the correct one, it works just fine on my Galaxy S9.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #16
E Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
I'm with the rest.I love technology but i would rather have mechanical switches. If my In Command goes out again, i will figure out a way to by pass it and install a panel with switches as i did with my hydraulic slide outs. I like the idea i just read on a post about the water pump. i think that will be my next project...

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #17
Chuck26287

Well, so far In-Command is GREAT! We picked up the new Alpine last Saturday. Right now in Indiana the weather is CRAZY changing. We picked up in cold rain. By the time we were parked and setup on the pad at our permanent site, ready to leave, it had gone from rain, to sleet, to large wet snowflakes. Had almost two inches accumulated on us in an incredibly short amount of time.

Wasn't thinking about it at first, but they de-winterized the unit for delivery. So, I had to think about things as it was getting down to low 20s Saturday night, and a lot of getting below freezing for the next few days. I got the In-Command HVAC figured out, then setup the Global Connect, and I LOVE being able to connect to the unit with my phone from home and adjust the furnace settings based on outside temps and what it's forecast to do through the night, and adjust again as things warm up through the day.

Needless to say, I was a bit paranoid of something freezing the very night I brought our new baby home.

All in all, I think I'm going to like In-Command more than I thought I might. Of course, that's until something fails. Bet I sing a different tune then. Let's hope it proves to be as reliable as it is convenient.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #18
MarkEHansen

I guess you have WiFi available at your site?
Old 04-02-2019, 07:21 PM   #19
Chuck26287

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
I guess you have WiFi available at your site?
Yes. It's a small family owned private campground and lake... just three pads for my parents, my sister and her husband, and my wife and I. Installed WiFi to have remote access to the video security system to keep an eye on the place during the week. General internet access was a must as well. It worked out great for the Global Connect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0q2mfdj5m...erial.jpg?dl=0
Old 04-09-2019, 03:55 AM   #20
boagey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaven View Post
I've found the folks at ASA to be particularly prompt, helpful, and knowledgeable, compared with the "industry standard" support one gets from places like Keystone or Dometic.
I have found the same in my contacts with them
boagey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine