Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
timjwhite

how do I remove fascia boards from top of slide?

I have a 2016 Keystone Passport 2920bh. It only has one cable accu slide. I need to access the cables of the slide. Therefore I need to remove decorative fascia board at top. I have already removed the decorative fascia centerpiece and screws. However, how are the long fascia boards attached to the slide box...screws?..Nails? We cannot find screws anywhere. I would hate the pry off the long boards to find out they are held on with screws (and snap the board). Thanks everyone!
timjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
slow

how do I remove fascia boards from top of slide?

You have to carefully pry the boards off the backing board since the long trim is held in place with brad nails. After they are off, pull the brad nails out from the back side so the face does not get damaged.

When reinstalling, I used flat head screws under the long center inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
bobbecky

I have had a couple of the boards off at different times. Ours are solid hardwood and the brads will not pull out. Had to cut them off and file the ends flush with the back surface. They are nailed into a plywood backing, and at least on our rig, those are screwed to the sidewall framing. I've reattached the fascia boards with a brad mailer and just putty the holes.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
SkiSmuggs

Mine were just held on with staples. The one on the BR slide came off when DW grabbed it to get into bed. Our dealer offered to re-staple per Keystone warranty, but I suggested screws and they found some burnished brass ones that looked good. Then the LR slide fascia started coming loose from road vibration so I ordered similar screws from Amazon and took care of that.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjwhite View Post
I have a 2016 Keystone Passport 2920bh. It only has one cable accu slide. I need to access the cables of the slide. Therefore I need to remove decorative fascia board at top. I have already removed the decorative fascia centerpiece and screws. However, how are the long fascia boards attached to the slide box...screws?..Nails? We cannot find screws anywhere. I would hate the pry off the long boards to find out they are held on with screws (and snap the board). Thanks everyone!
Reattach with screws in the center section of the facia. Then use 3m Velcro to reattach the center decorative piece. Now you have future access AND hidden fasteners!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide