Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Furry_people

Ever see "Vacation"? I feel like our Bullet is "the family truckster". Anyone else?

Furry_people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Have you contacted your dealer? If not, and if they haven't been coordinating your complaints with Keystone, the likely response from Keystone will be, "Please contact your dealer, they are the point of contact for all your warranty concerns."

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Furry_people

We are en route to home. Monday the dealer will be hearing from us.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not sure what "brand" of tow vehicle you have, but if you have a warranty problem with it, you wouldn't be contacting the manufacturer, you'd be going to a dealer's service department. If you contacted the manufacturer's customer service department, Ford, GM and Chrysler would immediately refer you to the "nearest dealer for service". Don't expect anything but the same from your RV manufacturer.

In reality, Keystone is going to require you to take your RV to a dealer so they can "verify your complaints." "Short circuiting" the process by complaining to the factory ahead of time, won't get you anything in return. Contact your dealer in the morning if you're that "anxious". All that you're going to get from Keystone is instructions to contact your dealer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
Furry_people

As planned. Was wondering whether anyone else had similar issues.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Use the search feature to find posts regarding your model, broken table, loose wheel skirts, etc. You may find a few similar complaints. Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
GaryWT

Remember sugar gets you more than vinegar. A good dealer will take care of everything and should be able to order everything from pictures. Why didn't you have the trailer in the shop to have the original things fixed. I had heard of tables breaking on various brands as well as wheel skirts coming off. As said, I always say go through the dealer as they know who to contact at Keystone. Good luck.

We do not use our table as a bed so have never had the issue.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Hey Clark!! Did you ever make it to Walley World?

Fender skirts are a known and recurring issue. If they aren't cracked, which they probably are, you need to put 8x32 speed nuts on the ends of each screw thru the fender and the skirting. In addition, place some sort of washer under the head of each screw to spread the pressure of the screw head so it won't keep cracking the fender. Tell your dealer you need the fenders attached properly or they will continue to come off. The dealer fabricated a couple of extra brackets to stabilize mine then I made one for each side in addition to those - no more problems.

I have had other issues but not the ones you've described. Remember that the dealer had nothing to do with the construction of the unit so don't start reaming them or you may have difficulty getting things done; the dealer is your interceder with the manufacturer and how your case gets presented, or not, by them will determine your success in getting things done. As a side note; I've dealt with Amy and she wasn't a lot of help - hope you have better luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote