Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
Richard6959

Help - Heater wont stay on

We started having problems a couple of nights ago after traveling. The blower comes on, it blows for about a minute the air starts to warm up then the furnace shuts down. I can moved the thermostat to 90* to try to keep it running but it keeps shutting down. I have propane, even swithced the bottle to a full one.

Any suggestions?

2014 Laredo
Suburban Gas Furnace
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It could be several things but as new as your trailer is I would bet it is the ignitor. Mine did exactly the same thing and it had to be replaced. When it fails pull the cover off the furnace outside and look at the control board; it will probably be flashing 3 times over and over. That's an ignition fault. You can reset it by pushing the reset button on the board but really all you have to do is turn off the thermostat and start over....but it's going to click....fire up....turn off. It has a sensor in it that is malfunctioning.

Hopefully yours is in warranty and your dealer can replace it for you. They did on mine. When I talked to the manufacturer trying to diagnose it (Atwood?) they said it was the ignitor as well and said it took about 5 minutes to replace - if you aren't in warranty. Didn't tell me the cost.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:04 AM   #3
Scttw

I assume everything else on propane is good? Stove? HW heater?

If you already checked that then I agree with the above.
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

See my trailer below, I had the exact same problem. I removed the panel to the furnace and there was no lights or anything to see but a inclosed box. Still within warranty. They had to remove the furnace and test it to show the main board had failed. Not saying it is not the ignition but, if it starts to heat as mine did think about the board. I did go thru the checks about propane and moving the temps from on to 90. etc and was at a loss about the problem. I was told they test the board's electric circuits to find the problem.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #5
deadeye

Are you plugged into eclectric or running only on the batteries. If only on the battery it could be low voltage.
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote