Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
BuddyB

Water Source?

Well, this is not really a tech problem but I have water in the carpet and it would appear it begins in the corner of the slide out next to the refridgerator. I removed the wood vent panel at the bottom of the fridge and also the wood panel under the storage shelves where the back of the electrical panel is located. Those areas are dry as a old bone. I don't see any water outside, under the trailer, and no dampness around the slideout seal.Any ideas/fixes? The trailer is a 2012 Keystone Cougar 32SAB Xlite. Thanks
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If the wet carpet is close to the fridge, it may be coming from the fridge drain. At the back of the fridge there is a white plastic drain hose that (a) may have come off the back of fridge, (b) has become brittle and has broken off somewhere, or (c) the end of the hose is not properly routed to the outside of the RV. One end of the hose has to extend beyond the exterior of the trailer or the water will not drain outside but instead onto the interior floor. Usually, this end protrudes for a short distance through the louvered vent cover.

I'd check this hose first and go from there.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Randyj

I had a 2011 cougar 322bh having wet area and dry else where, my father inlaw works for our Rv dealer, came up to house one night after 2 weeks and found the water heater pipe coming out of water heater was loose and had a slow drip.
Tighten the plastic nut on heater it was fine.
1975 Cignet
2005 Prowler 33ft
2007 Springdale 267bhs
2008 Prowler 31bh
2010 Springdale fifth wheel 29 bh
2011 Cougar 322qbs
2015 Avalanche 361tg
Randyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
Wally15

I recently experienced this exact same problem. Initially thought I had spilled something from the fridge, or the coffee pot had overflowed on the countertop. After several days the carpet went from damp to wet. Found the PEX fitting (not the hose) that provides hot water to the outside shower had a hairline crack and drip. Had to replace the fitting. Very difficult to get a PEX ring crimper in there behind the drawers. After I had to figure out how to remove the drawers, that is But it don't leak now.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

BuddyB, Like Festus2 said check the drain hose on the fridge. It is corrugated white plastic and gets very brittle after a few years. I replaced mine with clear vinyl tube but this is where it should be sticking out the vent behind the fridge.

Wally15 ....... SharkBite fittings work very well on PEX and are easy to work with in tight places. They are available at Home stores and plumbing supplies.

JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
BuddyB

Water Source

Thanks to all who responded to my problem. Some really great suggestions and the picture of the hose was helpful. I will try all the fixes and see which one gets results. Thanks again...
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote