Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
{tpc}

Replacement Curtain Retainers (side curtain valence holder thing)

Ok not sure what to call it, and did a search which how I came up with curtain retainer lol.

Anyways, I am looking for the replacement plastic piece that the side part of the window curtain slides onto at the bottom. Its a little white plastic hook type piece. I suppose I could just glue it, but it can't be that costly to buy a couple to have on hand in case it happens again.

This is the part that holds the "side" curtain at the bottom so it looks like a box around the window. At least thats the best way I can describe it. Anyone know where I can get some at?

On a side note, anyone have an idea for replacing the cheap metal window blinds with something easier to use that isn't always getting caught up in the knob for opening the windows? I like the ones around the dinette, but doesn't seem cost effect to put those in every place, though I only have 5 other windows to do...it seems it would get right up there in cost.
{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
Kristi

Your local dealer's parts department should be able to order them for you.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
dhn

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.trekwood.com/products/273...tain-Hold-Down
dhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
therink

I bought a couple pieces of aluminum stock at Lowes (about the same width/thickness of the plastic retainers and made them myself using my bench vise to shape the metal to the same dimensions as the plastic and drilled two holes for the screws. Never had to replace another one after that. Those plastic ones are junk.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
{tpc}

Thanks all! Yes dhn that is it! As for making them our of aluminum, I am sure I could do it, but I think the breaking of this one is a one off. Wife went to switch on the light or something and fell backwards into it. Other than that they haven't been a problem.
{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #6
LuvsPalmTrees

I have 2 metal blinds on the windows above the sink and stove area. I cut the blinds around the knobs so I don't keep bending them. It doesn't look bad and it keeps the blinds from getting bent every time I want to open them.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:43 AM   #7
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsPalmTrees View Post
I have 2 metal blinds on the windows above the sink and stove area. I cut the blinds around the knobs so I don't keep bending them. It doesn't look bad and it keeps the blinds from getting bent every time I want to open them.
Thanks! So what your saying is its more cost effective to go the cutting route. I will probably do that at first.

Its a shame they didn't put the dinette ones everywhere....kinda like the just buy the slide pre made from someone else and put it in there. Which is probably the case lol.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
Thanks! So what your saying is its more cost effective to go the cutting route. I will probably do that at first.

Its a shame they didn't put the dinette ones everywhere....kinda like the just buy the slide pre made from someone else and put it in there. Which is probably the case lol.
They have to put metal shades when the window is near the stove. Open flame and cloth blinds - not a good combination

Ours is a rear kitchen with the metal blinded window in the far corner, sheltered behind the cabinet above the stove. We rarely use the blind unless we are in close quarters with other campers. The window is a slider, but the blind is still a pain.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #9
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by suza View Post
They have to put metal shades when the window is near the stove. Open flame and cloth blinds - not a good combination

Ours is a rear kitchen with the metal blinded window in the far corner, sheltered behind the cabinet above the stove. We rarely use the blind unless we are in close quarters with other campers. The window is a slider, but the blind is still a pain.
Ahh good point! I guess that explains the one in the kitchen, but the ones in the bedroom and bunks...well not so much. At least the side valences in the bedroom match the dinette so I could replace with similar to what they have in there. The bunks really only need the tie down on the bottom for the metal blinds so they don't bounce all over when driving.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #10
NutinElse2Do

I got them at CW for around $1 a piece.
NutinElse2Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
Yosemitebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutinElse2Do View Post
There is a problem there for me, I can't get out of CW for just one dollar To many cool things to go along with the #1 item, may not even be related to that item LOL.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #12
Wantoride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutinElse2Do View Post
What did they call them at CW. I've searched for these as well. Curtain tensioner or drape tensioner is what I found but not this design. Plastic is cheap but I too hit my knee on it and broke it, rather have it be plastic and have it break than be aluminum and not give.