Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
dogger

3 Season Wall option

I have seen a couple of the 2014 models advertised online with the 3 season wall option for between the garage and patio. Anybody have a good photo of this? I tried to look online to see if this could be added to an existing trailer. I know Cyclone have had this for a couple years now. I went on Trekwood.com to see if they had a photo and what it would cost, but they either don't have it, or a photo to help with their descriptions.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
ctpd814

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger View Post
I have seen a couple of the 2014 models advertised online with the 3 season wall option for between the garage and patio. Anybody have a good photo of this? I tried to look online to see if this could be added to an existing trailer. I know Cyclone have had this for a couple years now. I went on Trekwood.com to see if they had a photo and what it would cost, but they either don't have it, or a photo to help with their descriptions.
I believe this is what you are looking for.

http://www.lci1.com/tri-fold-patio-doors
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
dogger

That would be it. Lippert says not available for sale except to manufacturers etc. or replacement parts only. Probably rather expensive to buy aftermarket. Our trailer came with the patio system, and even though my wife said that was the stupidest option ever, she now loves it after using it this past summer. I am thinking instead of opening and closing the screen each time, a door system would be better. Also when we are at the races, it would be nice to leave the ramp down and keep the dust out.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
EricLynnAllison

I love the idea. I don't know why I couldn't build it myself. I'm going to start looking for door panels.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
dogger

I was thinking the same thing. I am going to look for some corrugated tinted transparent panels, some extruded aluminum trim to hold everything, and a few other parts. I don't want to add too much weight, and would like to have it where it is easily removable and still be able to keep the screen. I will look at how the lippert unit is made for comparison on a friends RV this spring.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

A coroplast like material that is rigid and clear is commonly used for greenhouses. You may be able to find those panels in your local area. Harbor Freight carries "cheap" greenhouse kits that use the panels. Depending on the price for individual panels, they may have a kit with the right sizes already cut, might be worth checking. With the 25% coupon, it would be even cheaper.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
canesfan

I had asked about the 3 Season Wall option at the dealer before we ordered ours. He laughed, found one and showed it to me. It was flimsy vinyl, very cheap looking and feeling, looked nothing like the linked photo above. It was a $300 option and after seeing it in person it took me 2 seconds to decline it and understood why he laughed about it. Maybe there is another nicer, better made one, but that was what it was. The linked photo has them listed as Tri-Fold Patio Doors, I'm guessing maybe there are two different styles? But the linked photo looks nice and I'd bet cots much more than the $300 one I saw.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #8
Dwighop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I am going to look for some corrugated tinted transparent panels, some extruded aluminum trim to hold everything, and a few other parts. I don't want to add too much weight, and would like to have it where it is easily removable and still be able to keep the screen. I will look at how the lippert unit is made for comparison on a friends RV this spring.

Did you ever build this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
dogger

Didn't end up doing it. Sourced all the materials as I deal with a plastics fabrication shop and a lot of metal shops. Not too expensive to do it, but we decided against it. There is a special tinted and bronzed corrugated plastic that is ideal for this. It is slightly thicker, optically clear, and more rigid than normal corrugated plastic.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
Timon

Took a look at the doors and they didn't seem too flimsy, much better than a typical screen door, but I could see why they would not hold out much of the cold or heat.

Basically it's an aluminum frame with no insulation with screen attached. The frame its self will basically track the outside temperature.The only thing that keeps the weather out are transparent or opaque covers which are Velcro to them which likely have a R value of 1 if your lucky. Think of them like those plastic strips that hang down over large doors on loading docks that you can drive or walk through. They keep the air from migrating between outdoors and indoors but don't really insulate anything.

Still I would have them if only to keep the bugs from coming in and holding the cool, or warm, air inside.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #11
Peteg

I have just purchased a Fuzion 390 Chrome which comes with the tri-fold doors. They appear to be a great option. Have only had it for a month but expect to use the doors and patio often. Only issue I have is that the clear and UV vinyl inserts which are attached with Velcro are the wrong size and do not fit. Also missing them for the top screen. Waiting on a response from the dealer. Anybody else have this issue?
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote