Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Sivymp1

Passport v. Puma

My wife and I looked at a Passport Grandtouring this weekend. We both love it and she decided to look around some more. I found a Puma bunkhouse with everything we need but is less expensive as the Passport. Anyone have experiences with the Puma? It is aluminum and I am afraid cheaper means cheaper quality. I am going this afternoon to look at it.
Sivymp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
BirchyBoy

Good luck with the choice. I've heard both sides of the story on aluminum/insulation walls vs. the composite type walls that the Passport has. Both have the ups and down. I think the choice comes down to which floorplan is best and which one you like the most.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
wms

Hi there! I can't speak for the Puma, but we have a Passport Grand Touring and love it!

Let us know what you decide!

James and Willa
2014 Keystone Passport 2650BH Grand Touring
2006 F350 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel DRW
wms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
TAZ23

I have owned a Puma travel trailer in the past and it was a good trailer but quite a bit heavier than the Passport, or the Outback I have now. Our Puma was well built and we never had any problems with it that required a trip back to the dealer. It did not have as much "bling" as our Outback but over all good quality. It kept us cool on hot days and warm on cool (sometimes cold) nights. I would suggest to find the floor plan that suits you best and go from there. Many poeple like stick and tin trailers and many prefer fiberglass. I'm good with either as long as we like the floor plan. Good luck with your decision , and let us know how it goes.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
bsmith0404

I see you're from Iowa, I'm also assuming like most Midwest states Iowa is prone to hail from time to time. If I were you I'd stay away from aluminum sided RVs, one good hail storm and your nice new RV will look like a golf ball. Yes they can be repaired, but do you want to go through that?

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote