Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
ptstreetrod

2011 Cougar H/C 299rks refrigerator question

I turned on the propane and switched the refrigerator to gas to cool down for camping this weekend. This morning I realized that I didn't close the doors. I went back and the refrigerator isn't running. The lights are on like it's working and the propane tank is full. I turned the unit off and waited a couple minutes and didn't hear the pilot light. Lights are still on like it's working but it's not. Is it possible it was because the doors were in storage position or could it be something else?
ptstreetrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Not sure where you are in California, but if it's in a colder part and you left the refrigerator door open and it's below about 34 in the camper, the refrigerator won't come on because the thermostat "thinks" it's cold enough in there.....

Now, if it's warmer than that inside the refer box, you may not be providing 12 VDC to it. The light will light at 7 or 8 volts, but that's not enough to power the refer "brain". If you're not plugged in, get a fully charged battery or plug into shore power, let the refrigerator sit "turned off" for an hour or so, then try again. If it still won't light, go outside, open the lower vent, inside you'll find a black box in the lower left corner. Remove that cover and you'll find two glass fuses inside. Make sure they are good. The 3 amp AND the 5 amp fuse must be operational for the lighter circuit and the thermistor circuit to operate.

Good Luck and let us know if this works to get you running again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
ptstreetrod

Thank you for that reply, we are in California so I think your right on about the battery. We will test it with shore power.
ptstreetrod is offline   Reply With Quote