Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
PDGotro

Smile Alpine or Montana

We are currently researching the 2013 Alpine and the 2013 Montana fifth wheels. Would anyone have information of the pros/cons of these units (interior/exterior/etc) and/or any additional info. Thanks for ANY information that may assist in our decision.
PDGotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

to the forum. In my opinion the Alpine and Montana are about in the same class. You would have to pick a floorplan that fits your needs and choose from there. One may have some features that the other does not. It will come down to a personal choice. Good luck in your choice, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
WYO1936

alpine

Alpine has 14" frame bigger door, montana 12" frame.I have talked to alpine rep. but if I were you thats what I'd do their is a lot of differance.They will tell you.
WYO1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
azlee56

I love our montana!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
mikell

2010 Alpine here fulltiming in Michigan no complaints. Great inside and out lots of storage. Make sure you get the heat pump if you are ever campin g when it's cool it'll save lots of propane.

Favorite is the wider slide for the bed it has a night stand thats full size. No hitting your hand on the wall
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
JOCA

We had both, went back to a Montana.
JOCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
closesquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDGotro View Post
We are currently researching the 2013 Alpine and the 2013 Montana fifth wheels. Would anyone have information of the pros/cons of these units (interior/exterior/etc) and/or any additional info. Thanks for ANY information that may assist in our decision.
We looked at both the Alpines and Montanas. Ended up with a 2012 Montana. I think one of the only differences between 2012 and 2013 Montanas is the solid surface countertop covering the stovetop added to the 2013. We probably would have gone either Alpine or Montana if storage were not an issue. Several Montana models have that huge closet in the entryway that could serve as the washer/dryer room. We just love all that storage space... no more coats and shoes strewn about the camper. No current Alpine model has the large entryway storage closet, although some models do have small coat storage. Our favorite Alpine model was the 3555RL. We are extremely happy that we did not get that model due to the extreme lack of kitchen storage, and puny entry closet.

Pros: You can get 6-point (Level-Up) auto-leveling on Alpines and Montanas. Our Montana has it. Love it for speed of set-up / take-down, and for overall stability within the unit while camping. I would not get another unit without it. Another thing... I would advise 2 AC units. Our 3582RL is having a difficult time cooling down with it's single air conditioner.

Good Luck!

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #8
kroencke

We had the Montana and just purchased the Alpine 3600rl and are very pleased with it. We did like the Montana, but found a floorplan in the Alpine that we couldn't resist. We are very pleased with it.
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
hsmunoz

do a search on my name., I posted what I saw back in 2011. not sure how much has changed since then. Both great units. I chose the Alpine , solid cherry facia's, better frame and axles, bigger heaters. And I got ,by a good margin, better price on the Alpine.
one year later, I am very happy with my purchase.
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
SAABDOCTOR

There you have it a split both great units which floorplan you like? good luck by the way we love our montana too
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
PDGotro

Thanks to everyone! Please continue to send info - we appreciate it!
PDGotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
Houndie Dog

Montana Vs. Alpine

I did some research because we were looking at Alpines and were curious why the 2 top Keystone models were priced so far apart.
Although the Alpines have some great features, they are generally constructed with wood frames vs. welded aluminum frames in the Montana's. Wood is not a bad thing as most RV's are made this way.....it just boils down to your price point and preference.
You will generally pay more for a Montana because of the way it is made.
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
rclark

We are very happy with our Alpine 3555RL. Floor plan and storage were selling point with us. The small closet on entry was another, it does the job for us. The only thing I do not like is the fact that the doors for the closet also cover the control panels and light switches. Have to open the doors anytime you want access.

We switched to our Tempur pedic queen and this gives a little more room in the bedroom. The entry way to the bedroom has handles and is much wider than most. Storage space galore in this unit.

Recliners are garbage and we switched to a love seat recliner that the back comes off. When we are ready to move its just a matter of taking the back off and flipping the seat on its back and the slides work with lots of clearance. Much easier than moving recliners which just barely clear anyway.

I cannot say enough about the 6 way. It sure makes moving easier.

We feel pretty lucky in that at this point we have had no problems with our unit. Keeping our fingers crossed however. Good Luck

2007 Chevy 3500 Dually Duramax Allison
2013 Keystone Alpine 3555rl, Onan 5500, Directv Dish
2004 Everest 364Q
2005 Larado Bunk House TT
2004 Komfort TT
1973 Kenskill TT
rclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #14
here4kids

we loved the floor plan of the alpine 3700re...it gives you an actual room at the rear, vs the great room concept. so much nicer for real living when couples want to watch different TV or one is reading while the other isn't. plus we can shut the door and use the fireplace to warm that room.

Mike and Sandy in their
2012 Alpine 3700RE
here4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #15
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndie Dog View Post
I did some research because we were looking at Alpines and were curious why the 2 top Keystone models were priced so far apart.
Although the Alpines have some great features, they are generally constructed with wood frames vs. welded aluminum frames in the Montana's. Wood is not a bad thing as most RV's are made this way.....it just boils down to your price point and preference.
You will generally pay more for a Montana because of the way it is made.
Confused by the framing comment....Avalanche has wood truss roof; Alpine alum truss roof. The Avalanche/Alpines have welded alum frame structure everywhere else.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
Houndie Dog

Framing

I'm not above being wrong.... the Rep I talked to gave me that info when I asked why the Montana cost slighly more..... how's that go ? believe nothing you hear and half of what your see ?
KVH TracVision R4SL
Old 06-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Houndie Dog

Update

Just checked with the rep and I was right and wrong..... I was told the Alpine does have aluminum frame construction (which you already knew)....except in the slides, the slide sidewalls are wood framed. No biggie, still looking at Alpines, nice units.
KVH TracVision R4SL
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
chubasdad

We purchased the 2013 3450 Alpine. We spend days & days traveling
between dealers, comparing Montana/Alpine. A big selling point with
us was the larger frame and Alpine's come with two A/C's. The floorplans
were almost identical, same counter-tops etc, the Montana had a
little better storage. Both have auto/level/jacks a must!! Strange was
the Alpine listed $ more than the Montana, but the dealer gave us a
better deal with the Alpine. One huge disappointment was the Alpine
has China tires, Montana had Goodyear, but I was told the Goodyear's
were made in China also. Good Luck in your Search.
chubasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
mr.windows1

Montana all the way, Why? Cause I have one! Lust kidding there are both awesome! For what it's worth we love our 3750fl with no major problems thus far, good luck in your choice, pick what suits you best and you will not look back!
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Love2camp

X2 on the Alpine 3700re. We love ours. The living room is perfect for overnight guests. They get their privacy, and so do we.

2012 Keystone Alpine 3700RE
2006 Chevrolet Silverado K3500 DRW
Love2camp is offline   Reply With Quote