Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #1
Fishsizzle

Changing gears once more

A few know we bought a used Coach this past year, and been remodeling it.

We spent a year in our Alpine as we sold our home last year and been trying to just slow down a bit.

After a winter in our 5vr, we have enjoyed the freedom, but the Alpine left us, well depressed for lack of a better word.

We purchased it as a vacation 5vr. It has a basement, and was split up inside for us to have some space. The downsides started to really glare at us as time went on.

1 small bathroom. Almost No windows on the drivers side, and just 2 cabinets for closes. And the dark wood.

Work has gone through the roof, and we need to expand, so living in our 5vr for a few years as we build a new commercial building, and slowly develop our new “homestead”

Long story, not so short, we went shopping for a new “home” and ended up with a Vanleigh. The Alpine we will sell outright Mid sept after we move out of it and make sure everything is in tip top shape for new owners.

I’ll stick around here, as the knowledge and friendships are something that cannot be replaced.

If you have any Q’s in the Vanleigh, just ask. We are scheduled to pick it up Aug 10th. There were a few things on initial walk through that need to get fixed.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Cool, good to hear things are working out.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:53 AM   #3
notanlines

We discussed buying a Beacon a few years ago. We even took a shortened tour of the factory (bad storm) which is only a few miles from our home. We were neither persuaded nor dissuaded by our visit. It was at end of shift and all the hustle was probably getting ready to go home for the day. I believe they make three levels of RV's, none of which are entry level. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be fully satisfied with your purchase. After awhile let us know what you think about your purchase. Kudos to both of you.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
B-O-B'03

Wowsers... I looked at the Beacon line; "Starting At $139,993" and the smallest unit has the following specs: Length: 34'8" Hitch Weight: 2,720 GVWR: 18,000.

Way too much for us, but we are not living in it.

Good luck with your purchase and post back how you like it.

-Brian
Old 08-01-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

VanLeigh is a Tiffin RV line. The parent company is THOR Industries, same corporation that owns Keystone, Airstream, Jayco, DRV, Redwood, KZ, Starcraft, CrossRoads, Dutchman, Heartland and a few others.

So, even though you're "moving away from Keystone, in some ways, you're still "right at home with your new trailer. Congratulations on the upgrade and stick around, you're always welcome around the Keystone campfire....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:54 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
VanLeigh is a Tiffin RV line. The parent company is THOR Industries, same corporation that owns Keystone, Airstream, Jayco, DRV, Redwood, KZ, Starcraft, CrossRoads, Dutchman, Heartland and a few others.

So, even though you're "moving away from Keystone, in some ways, you're still "right at home with your new trailer. Congratulations on the upgrade and stick around, you're always welcome around the Keystone campfire....
As I remember it was Bob Tiffens sons that started VanLeigh. When I worked at a Tiffen dealer, I heard the sons weren’t happy.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #7
Fishsizzle

We bought the “middle” of the road Vilano. Couldn’t justify the Beacon, as it’s seems it’s just paint and a rear Cap.

The construction and cabinets are what sold me. The wires are coded, and in looms. Has a water manifold. The fit and finish were even above Riverstone, Redwoods, Pinnacles, at least the ones we looked at.

We finally bought local as well. We hope this translates into better service down there road should we need it.

This is our exact purchase

https://www.beavercoachsales.com/New...03735?ref=list
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote