Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2021, 07:00 PM   #1
Chopperdoc

Arcadia Air Conditioning

We found a 2021 Arcadia fiver this past weekend. Dealership told us that when it arrived and they inspected it the A/C wasn't cooling down enough. They are assuming Keystone will replace it. More to follow on that this week. I did give them 500 bucks to hold it but refused to give them out 10K down payment until it was ready to deliver. I'm not gonna make monthly payments on an RV sitting at the dealership waiting for parts

My question is has anyone with a newer Keystone product have any A/C issues?

Also these are Colman A/C units with cheap looking thermostats. My last fiver was a Jayco North Point. It had digital thermostats. Thinking of upgrading to these type.

Thanks

Vic
Chopperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #2
Iowaroamer

Yes. Air won’t come out the vents. I like the manual thermostats since less to go wrong IMO. No opinion on the Coleman ac units—its what we have on the new unit and they do produce a lot of air in the ductwork but not out the vents into the living quarters in our situation.
Iowaroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:30 AM   #3
Chopperdoc

Thanks for the reply. The one we are getting blows but just now cold enough.

Thanks

Vic
Old 06-24-2021, 06:29 PM   #4
Chopperdoc

Update

The technician at the dealership found the thermostat wired incorrectly, Once he fixed it the compressor kicked on.

We do the walk through tomorrow!!
Old 06-26-2021, 03:14 AM   #5
Rat Patrol

Hi there,

We purchased the Arcadia as well and took delivery on the 12th of June at a dealer 3.5 hours from home. After the inspection, we went to hook up and one of the landing gear would not go up. The delivery guys banged on it and then felt something was stuck, so zip tied it up and sent us over to service (luckily they were still open done the road). Turns out the landing gear pin was not seated properly and sheared off. Anyhow, they got that fixed up and due to the time, they offered to put us up in their campground for the night. Good thing they did.
Our main A/C was not working either, no cold air. We called the campground as now the delivery/service ppl were gone for the day. Sunday morning, they asked if we could stay another night and have it looked at Monday morning instead of calling a tech out on a Sunday. Turns out, the coleman unit wasn't wired in, the thermostat was not wired correctly either which wouldn't kick the compressor on and it was missing the baffles to direct the airflow through the fiver.
Sounds like you had the same problem as us!
We also discovered that the hot water tank was not wired and hooked up properly so they had to fix that too.
I've called Keystone on Monday when we got home. They listened to my complaint of quality control at the factory level and some general questions about the Arcadia (no one knew how the convenience center works to fill anything). Keystone reps had no idea about the Arcadia and said they would get back to me. They did, the following Tuesday by email with a picture of a convenience center that is not the Arcadia. They also never answered my questions about quality control at the factory, the inconvenience and expenses incurred from sitting in a campground for 2 days and having to buy items because we weren't prepared to camp for the 2 days).
Haven't heard back from them since. Tired already of harassing Keystone and wished I would have stuck with Forest River.
Long story short, I had the same problem with the A/C as you and seems to be a factory problem.
Old 06-26-2021, 04:53 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

I’m sorry that both of you had issues, but they BOTH should have been found at the pre delivery inspection by the dealership prior to you getting it. Look at your paperwork and if there is a fee for the PDI, I would ask for some of it back. It’s obvious that the PDI wasn’t done properly. There is a form that the tech signs that goes back to the factory as part of the warranty registration.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:06 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Agree with Chuck on the PDI fail. Yes, the quality is lacking and no, it's not unique to Keystone. "Harrasing" Keystone will most likely not produce the desired effect you're looking for.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:02 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Patrol View Post
Hi there,

We purchased the Arcadia as well and took delivery on the 12th of June at a dealer 3.5 hours from home. ...

Tired already of harassing Keystone and wished I would have stuck with Forest River.
Long story short, I had the same problem with the A/C as you and seems to be a factory problem.
Harassing, if it's necessary, should be directed at the general manager of the RV dealership where you bought your trailer.... His PDI team is who let you down and on whose shoulders this entire situation should fall.... Had that PDI team done their job correctly, everything in your trailer would have worked properly when you took delivery.

While there are issues at the factory and they can/should improve their quality, when something in a trailer doesn't work on delivery, the ONLY person to blame is the person whose job it is to make sure everything in the trailer works before handing the keys to the buyer.... THAT'S THE DEALERSHIP PDI TEAM......

You need to have a "heart to heart talk" with the general manager of the dealership where you spent your money......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

I agree with the above. The failures mentioned fall directly in the lap of the dealership. They may or may not have charged you for an "inspection" but that is irrelevant. Whether they did or didn't (if they did I would want that money back) they should have gone through the trailer and made absolutely sure all systems were go - especially on a new model line; obviously they didn't in both cases.

Quality control at the factory is lacking on every make/brand of RV being made unfortunately and it's purely luck of the draw whether the new trailer you are buying (any brand) is one of the good ones or one of the "other" (problematic) ones. A thorough inspection by the dealer prior to sale and then an even more thorough PDI by the owner using something like the PDI checklist on this forum are essential to make sure a new owner doesn't experience some very unhappy "whoops" moments - possibly many hours from the dealer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:12 AM   #10
HercFE

Exact same for us. Purchased in Feb in MN but did not pick up until April. Same A/C issue and Fridge will not run on Electrical power (just LP). I am still waiting on warranty for fridge. I will also add that no one understood the panel as well. The picture Keystone emailed was not helpful at all.
HercFE is offline   Reply With Quote