Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midsouth View Post
There are lots of YouTube vids about the predator 3500 and people are modifying the heck out of them...with no apparent issue finding parts. Also, haven't seen one video where the buyer was dissatisfied.
I didn't say there weren't any happy HF owners... I've got probably as much HF equipment as anyone and most of it I'm satisfied with. That doesn't make it any easier to find "item # 54" (the stator for the magneto) or "item # 122" (the inverter assembly) or, probably one of the most common failed items, #35, (carburetor). All are not easy to find, if a repair shop needs one to fix your generator, or if you're trying to fix it yourself....

As for problems with the HF 3500, you don't need to go any further than the HF website to read the "1 star reviews" from verified purchasers... https://www.harborfreight.com/genera...tor-56720.html

Don't "misinterpret" what I posted as a "don't buy a HF generator". That's not what I said. The issue (IMO) is not the generator's capacity to provide power for a thrifty purchase price, rather it was a response to a post that stated, "the local small engine repair shop refuses to work on HF generators but they will work on Honda and Champion generators"... The reason, IMO, is parts availability, not "the number of you tube videos from satisfied owners".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator