Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #1
notanlines

Anderson Hitch Question

We have considered changing from the auto-slide to the Anderson hitch, but am NOT going with an adapter plate of any sort. With standard Ford factory puck system and MORryde pin box and king pin just how complicated can this get?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I think it should be a snap Jim. I've not owned a factory Ford puck system but assume it's like a Ram with the 5 holes; the center one for a goose ball? I just put a B&W ball in the center hole and 2 chain attachments in the back 2 holes.

On the kingpin you just put the adapter on and it's done. Is there something different about the 450 maybe?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
Northofu1

Hi Jim,
Hope you all are doing well.
You just need the bed post in the centre. Are you going to install chains? they are fairly cheap from Andersen and easy to install / remove. The adapter for the pin to ball receiver needs to be centered and torqued to spec. some folks I have talked to like to dimple the pin box so the 4 set screws sit nice and secure when you torque them.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:06 PM   #4
notanlines

Thanks for the input. A little light went on and I watched their video. I believe it actually may be as easy as they claim.
We are enjoying every single 94 degree 85% humidity south central Florida day while visiting the local hospital every single day at 8:00 AM seven days a week for treatment. We won't see the plastic surgeon for another 5 weeks to see when skin grafts can start.
For those who missed my other couple of posts, Brenda (DW) had knee replacement surgery January 10th and it is not healing....more surgeries. Long story, but we are making the best of it. She has a good attitude and I whine a lot.
Do y'all realize how many times a day one can watch Gunsmoke and Andy of Mayberry in one 24 hour period?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
Old 05-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Thanks for the input. A little light went on and I watched their video. I believe it actually may be as easy as they claim.
We are enjoying every single 94 degree 85% humidity south central Florida day while visiting the local hospital every single day at 8:00 AM seven days a week for treatment. We won't see the plastic surgeon for another 5 weeks to see when skin grafts can start.
For those who missed my other couple of posts, Brenda (DW) had knee replacement surgery January 10th and it is not healing....more surgeries. Long story, but we are making the best of it. She has a good attitude and I whine a lot.
Do y'all realize how many times a day one can watch Gunsmoke and Andy of Mayberry in one 24 hour period?

Jim our prayers are with you and Brenda. STAY ON TOP of that situation if it's not healing. If it's infection they need to get on it yesterday - don't ask me how I know. If they are just giving her "something" trying to fix the infection, tell them to bring in an infectious disease doc. They did on mine and although it was a chemical disembowelment (my term to the doc for the concoction he came up with) it killed the infection. I had waited too long but they got it fixed....don't do that.

Installing the Andersen is just as easy as it looks; get the bed back; pick it up one handed (even with my bicep tendons snapped) and walk off.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:55 PM   #6
roadglide

Quote:
For those who missed my other couple of posts, Brenda (DW) had knee replacement surgery January 10th and it is not healing....more surgeries. Long story, but we are making the best of it. She has a good attitude and I whine a l
Sorry to hear Brenda is not doing well doesn’t seem that long ago we were following you around Chetek Wisconsin . The two of you riding Nautilus your side car I named. It was good visiting you in okeechobee this year. I believe a person won’t find a better state for health care. I think Brenda will recover soon .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #7
roadglide

Quote:
We have considered changing from the auto-slide to the Anderson hitch, but am NOT going with an adapter plate of any sort. With standard Ford factory puck system and MORryde pin box and king pin just how complicated can this get?
The Anderson has excellent warranty policy. I broke the adapter cap on mine . I was in Warren Bridge Wyoming called Anderson. The park attendant had the adapter two days later. Anderson said that happens occasionally and they have upgraded their adapter. The only difference I could see was the set screws are set forward. It was not a catastrophic failure, it could have been machine little deep or the set screws where Machine to far back.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:22 PM   #8
gearhead

Dang that's some serious issues.
Prayers for both of you.
...and there's usually Dale Robertson in Tales of Wells Fargo on the same channel. LOL
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:47 AM   #9
Weldon

Quote:
Prayers for both of y'all and the doctors, Jim. I second what John said. If not for the infectious disease doc, my grandpa Would've lost his foot after surgery when staff wasn't diagnosed soon enough and he kept saying "I'm fine, I don't need to tell the doctors." We watched Murder She Wrote, Price is Right, Matlock, Card Sharks, Press Your Luck, etc. everyday for months until he was mobile again. I remember his favorite hat he wore daily...."I'm not tired, I'm Retired!"
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:50 AM   #10
Northofu1

Hey Jim,
I didn't know about Brenda's situation. I hope she is better soon.
Good thoughts.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:25 AM   #11
wiredgeorge

Praying your missus makes a full recovery! BTW: I visited a hospital in Houston every day at 4:30-5:30 and spent the day watching those shows and Last Man Standing which seemed to run 24/7.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:57 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Jim so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Hopefully she will get on the mend quickly. My DW had a relative with Necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating disease) and ended up at UM Shock Trauma with treatments in the hyperbolic chamber. He was in his 50's at the time. Don't mean to be alarming but infection s nothing to take lightly. Hang in there and keep the faith. You know it's been a long haul when you see the same episode the third and fourth time.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:00 AM   #13
notanlines

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts. Her process every morning is called ‘ Vashe* Wound Therapy’ and then a Thera-Honey gel is applied to prevent infection, etc. Again, thanks for the prayers!
I’ll post an update once skin grafts are coming along.
I’m watching for a ‘Golden Girls’ update....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
Old 05-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #14
gearhead

Golden Girls?
When you want to get back to cowboys see if this coon hunter has any showing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img002.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	33438  
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch