Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
Jayb223

No sound while playing DVD

I have a 2019 passport with a Furrion DV3100 in it. I cannot get the sound while playing a DVD to come through the trailer speakers. Has anyone had this issue of no off a fix?
Jayb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Your DVD player should only have the sound on the TV when watching a movie. Do you have sound through the TV?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I've pulled the receiver out of every RV I've had that had one. No telling how, or if, the speakers are wired. You should have the manual linked below but I would take it with the receiver out and see what's what. You also need to make sure you select the proper speakers.

https://cdn.accentuate.io/1906118393...100_IM_WEB.pdf
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #4
Jayb223

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Your DVD player should only have the sound on the TV when watching a movie. Do you have sound through the TV?
Sometimes the sound plays through the TV and sometimes it has no sounds at all. It’s driving me crazy. I have the RCAs out from the Furrion to the TV inputs. When the sound goes through the TV, you can barely hear it when the blower turns on for the heater. I’d like to use the ceiling speakers when watching a DVD but it seems like i can’t?
Jayb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
CedarCreekWoody

To play through the speakers you have to run a pair of cables from "audio out" on the tv to "audio in" on the camper radio and then program the tv to use this output.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #6
Jim27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
To play through the speakers you have to run a pair of cables from "audio out" on the tv to "audio in" on the camper radio and then program the tv to use this output.
I had a similar problem with my Furrion stereo/tv. My problem was that I couldn’t listen to the tv through the stereo. My first thought was to do exactly what you’re saying but my Furrion tv only has audio in av plugs, no av out. My fix was to buy an av to aux plug. I didn’t have av out on the tv as I said but luckily my Dish Wally box did. I plugged the av side into the av out of my Wally box then plugged the aux side of the cable to the front of the stereo. I now have stereo tv but am still frustrated that everything wasn’t wired to function as such from the factory.
Jim27 is offline   Reply With Quote