Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2021, 11:52 AM   #21
Jkellner29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It could be as "simple a fix" as retightening the wire that connects to the fuse block (check all those wires and screw terminals to make sure they're tight) or it could be as "hard to find" as a wire crimp in the ceiling, halfway between the bathroom and the fuse block.... DON'T MESS WITH THE 120 VOLT AC SIDE OF THE POWER CENTER IF THE RV IS PLUGGED IN !!!!!

Check that all the connections you can find are secure, tighten the screw terminals and pull each of the lights to make sure a wire hasn't slipped out of the screw connectors behind the ceiling lights...

If you can't find it there, and if the warranty is still active, you might want to contact the dealer to set up an appointment to have them check it out.

Could you "fix it yourself" ??? Yes, probably, but how long do you want to spend on troubleshooting and how far do you want to stretch your "electricity skill set" ???? Part of "expert RV repair is knowing when to "stop digging a deeper hole.....
It sounds like a fuse to me, since it’s that back section all together that’s not working or. Maybe the power feeding that section, I’ll also see if I can check the wires feeding the light switch in the bathroom. It would be great to have a wiring diagram to match the wire count at the switch, I’m hoping nothing was loose and dropped into the bottom of the wall
Jkellner29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #22
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkellner29 View Post
It sounds like a fuse to me, since it’s that back section all together that’s not working or. Maybe the power feeding that section, I’ll also see if I can check the wires feeding the light switch in the bathroom. It would be great to have a wiring diagram to match the wire count at the switch, I’m hoping nothing was loose and dropped into the bottom of the wall
https://www.keystonerv.com/innovatio...r-coded-wiring
Old 04-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #23
Jkellner29

Thank you!!!!
Old 04-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #24
nitrohorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If they did then the toilet would cost more than your trailer.
Good point. And the PDI would not catch the fact that the toilet doesn't flush.
2013 Jayco 26RLS
1996 Sunline 21' TT
1977 StarCraft Galaxy 8 pop-up
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:06 AM   #25
Jkellner29

Found the issue, we had asked the service team at the Rv dealer to install a gateway router we’ll actually replace where the previous owners pulled the old one out. after a couple days of troubleshooting this issue, that hit me. Me and a friend pulled down the wiring for the ceiling wireless gateway and found it wired backwards / sideways all of the above and it affected the power to the back section of the Rv. When the switch was on for the router the power was on kinda a very low voltage, it would like the light switch itself but not enough to power lights.....After swapping multiple connections and several hours the lights are back on and they have a wonderful little txt to read from me this morning.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:12 AM   #26
Javi

Glad you found it
Old 04-22-2021, 05:08 AM   #27
chuckster57
Site Team

Glad it’s fixed, the techs that worked on it shouldn’t be techs IMO.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:32 AM   #28
Jkellner29

Yeah we will posting some great reviews....
Old 04-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #29
Urbish

Wowee. I would suggest to anybody that whenever they have a panel opened up or a light removed from the ceiling, give the wires a tug at the crimp splices. I have had four fall off when doing this on my brand new 2021 Aspen Trail. A fifth one fell off all on its own at the puck light above the sink. These things have the build quality somewhere south of a Yugo.
Urbish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone, lights, light