Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2021, 04:12 AM   #1
Wiley

No Power In All Of RV

Hello again, have a 2006 Keystone 25.5 ft. Beginning of last season we had to replace the power converter and went ahead and replaced the battery at the same time and everything worked great the whole season. We winterized and stored and unplugged from power as we always do and we always remove the 30amp plug in fuse in the battery box. Came back to my site yesterday after 5 months plugged in to campground power and all i have power on is the overhead lights, no power on recepticles, no power on microwave or ac anyone ever had this problem ? Is it possible that battery ran down over winter and needs charge to correct problem.

Thanks
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:20 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If the receptacles and such aren’t working, you have no shore power. Make sure the shore cord is plugged into a working receptacle, and then check the breakers inside the coach.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:26 AM   #3
Wiley

All breakers in breaker box are not tripped and no blown fuses, i did fail to mention that the refrigerator does have power on it but thats it.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:37 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

The fridge is 12 vdc. as are the lights, the furnace the tv antenna booster, the water pump, and the controls for the water heater a/c and fridge. The 120 vac powers the converter/battery charger, the television, the microwave and the "household style outlets. You have no power from the cg pedestal to the vamper. Check the breaker at the pedestal and if it's on then call the cg office. If you are the first user of that site this year they may have a breaker turned off in a different location.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:40 AM   #5
Wiley

Thank you sir, didn't really think about that i will do so now.
Thanks
Old 04-12-2021, 04:41 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

The neat thing about AC circuit breakers is that if one of them trips it may not look like it is tripped. You have to turn it all the way off then back on till you feel it click.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:45 AM   #7
Wiley

That was the first thing we tried but were all good.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:55 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

I plug my Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X EMS into the power pedestal and it displays the voltage and errors, etc. and then after a minute it kicks power over into my camper after the camper's power cord is connected. I KNOW I have power at the pedestal because the readout on the EMS is very accurate and keeps my AC devices inside the camper safe from almost any electrical issue at the pedestal. You might use a similar device or a multimeter to check power at the pedestal. Could be a BAD breaker in the pedestal (it has happened to us at least twice).

2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:07 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

To George's point, I have a 30 to 15 amp "hockey puck" adapter (about $3), plugged into that is a plug in circuit tester (under $10) that I keep in the driver's door pocket. When I pull into a site the first ting I do is plug that into te 30 amp side of the pedestal and see if it has power and is properly wired. Nothing says PO'd like getting all set up and finding out you have to move because there's an electrical issue that the CG maintenance can't fix.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power