Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #1
captcolour

New 5th Wheel

I love this forum and will stick around, but just traded in my 2016 Alpine 3600RS for a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 380FL. Daughter is recently divorced so the grandkids will likely be coming with us more often. Needed more sleeping capacity than the Alpine had.

Looked hard at Montana and Alpine. With the new Alpines, some floor plans were great, but the fit-and-finish was disappointing and IMO significantly below a Montana. When we bought the 2016 Alpine, finish was great so things apparently have changed over the last several years.

Liked the Montana 3761FL as the best Keystone offering. Also looked at several Solitudes at a different dealer. After pretty aggressive negotiations on my part, got the Solitude for only about $5K more than the Montana. Solitude was better optioned as well with a MORryde pin box and CRE3000 suspension, a 3rd A/C unit to name a few, and better fit-and-finish. Pick up the new 5th wheel on the 23rd.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:02 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Glad to see you hang around and congrats on the new trailer. If you got the GD for a 5k premium that is something I would seriously consider. I could not get anyone to get below 10k more than a comparable Keystone when I was considering them. Did not consider a Solitude due to weight but I'm leaning more and more toward forgetting a gas truck and getting a big, heavy trailer - GD would be right at the top of that list if the pricing was reasonable.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel