Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #21
BulletOwner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia View Post
keeping in mind we have to be able to get it though the door...minor detail!
Very good point.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #22
James R Moneypenny

We have a 2017 Keystone Avalanche and have changed out a number of things, including the sofa and the two bolted together recliners. One word can describe them: cheap. Also, not comfortable. As to taking measurements - I had to take the old sofa out and the new sofa in via the large window in the living area. About 20 minutes, two dozen screws and the window came right out - was mounted with permanent weather strip and went right back in, no muss, no fuss, no leaks. You'll wish you'd done it before.
James R Moneypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #23
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia View Post
I'm inspired! We love our trailer but the Thomas Payne furniture is the worst! I want to replace the 2 theater seats with leather recliners and this fold out couch also with leather. We live in our trailer permanently on a lake so why not make it the most comfy? We replaced the bed immediately, actually took the brand new trailer without that mattress. Time to get shopping, keeping in mind we have to be able to get it though the door...minor detail!

Pretty sure the Payne furniture isn't leather but it is "pleather". Bonded vinyl stuff that appears to be leather over a fabric. These have been know to shed the pleather in a couple years but perhaps Payne has improved their product. We put a double LazyBoy double recliner in our camper in place of the flop out couch. You know, we never flopped it out but it wasn't fun to sit on and you had to use foot stools for comfort. Gave it away along with the dinette. Once a dinette has a few years on it, the cushions become non-cushiony and kill your tail. We now have an Ikea table and chairs.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:19 AM   #24
jimborokz

Our front living room had two sofas and a theater seat. We realized we didn't need all that seating and we hated the theater seat as it was just uncomfortable.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190705_122923.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	32598

Name:	20190705_123208.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	32599

We replaced the theater seating with two stand alone recliners and moved one sofa to our family room in the s&b. I had to extend the slide a bit to accommodate the recliner. We are half time in ours.
We also replaced the mattress and cut it down to a queen for more room to get around it.

Name:	20200905_152051.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	32600

Name:	20200905_152151.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	32601
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:57 AM   #25
spicercars

We have changed furniture in many of our campers and never bought rv furniture. Regular house furniture is much cheaper and a lot more comfortable.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:05 AM   #26
representedkox

Van furniture usually really sucks. The quality of such furniture is terrible, and the appearance is even worse. It is better to choose something from furniture for the house or garden furniture that you like the right size. I found some great furniture for my van on www.gardenfurniture.co.uk, and I am very pleased with her. Then I also ordered garden furniture from them, which turned out to be of excellent quality. I think you should do this and then you won't think about the furniture in your van for another couple of years. Good luck!
representedkox is offline   Reply With Quote