Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
Audionut

Where is black tank flush "anti siphon valve" 2015 Cougar 30RLI?

I have attempted to use our black water flush but nothing goes through the line to the black tank.

I have researched and found it could be broken or installed backwards from the factory. Or it could be occluded spray jets inside the black tank.

We purchased this 2015 Cougar 30RLI, used, last summer and the black tank flush has never worked. And since we bought it used I have no idea if it EVER worked. But I think it would facilitate cleaning out the black tank a bit easier so it would be nice to have available.

This anti siphon valve is not under the sink in the bathroom or under the sink in the kitchen. I opened up the access cover to look under the shower and cannot see it anywhere.

Some have said it could be in the wall behind the shower. The bathroom and kitchen share a common wall. If it's in the wall behind the shower could you access it through the cupboards on the adjoining kitchen wall instead of pulling out the shower?

Anyone have any tips to fix this? TIA
Old 10-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audionut View Post
I have attempted to use our black water flush but nothing goes through the line to the black tank.

I have researched and found it could be broken or installed backwards from the factory. Or it could be occluded spray jets inside the black tank.

We purchased this 2015 Cougar 30RLI, used, last summer and the black tank flush has never worked. And since we bought it used I have no idea if it EVER worked. But I think it would facilitate cleaning out the black tank a bit easier so it would be nice to have available.

This anti siphon valve is not under the sink in the bathroom or under the sink in the kitchen. I opened up the access cover to look under the shower and cannot see it anywhere.

Some have said it could be in the wall behind the shower. The bathroom and kitchen share a common wall. If it's in the wall behind the shower could you access it through the cupboards on the adjoining kitchen wall instead of pulling out the shower?

Anyone have any tips to fix this? TIA
If it's in the wall, pull the shower water knobs assembly should be 2 screws..

As a note.. it would be on WHITE line and HIGH up under the bathroom sink... that's the usual place
Old 10-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Open your bathroom vanity and count the number of PEX water lines coming up through the floor. If there are two (1 red/1 blue), then look in other areas for the anti-siphon valve... If there are four (usually 1 red, 1 blue and 2 white) then your anti-siphon valve is at the end of two of those PEX lines.

It's usually well hidden, way up under the back of the sink bowl, tucked behind the valve stems from the faucet, so "damn near impossible to see"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
If it's in the wall, pull the shower water knobs assembly should be 2 screws..

As a note.. it would be on WHITE line and HIGH up under the bathroom sink... that's the usual place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Open your bathroom vanity and count the number of PEX water lines coming up through the floor. If there are two (1 red/1 blue), then look in other areas for the anti-siphon valve... If there are four (usually 1 red, 1 blue and 2 white) then your anti-siphon valve is at the end of two of those PEX lines.

It's usually well hidden, way up under the back of the sink bowl, tucked behind the valve stems from the faucet, so "damn near impossible to see"....

Ok, I'm going to have to look again. I'm bringing it home this week to winterize it and will check out your suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
bobbecky

Wherever the valve is located, it will be located above the rim of the toilet bowl, so that might narrow down locations to look.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audionut View Post
Ok, I'm going to have to look again. I'm bringing it home this week to winterize it and will check out your suggestions.

Thanks.
Take your phone and hold it in the vanity and take a picture facing up. That'll save you from breaking your neck trying to look into that small space.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #7
bobbecky

Thought I would add a photo of where our valve is located and don't depend on looking only for white PEX pipe going to it or away from it. On our rig, they used red PEX from the convenience center all the way to the front of the black tank. The first photo is taken looking into the space where the pocket door is located between the pantry and the shower enclosure. The second photo is where the line enters the front of the black tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back flow valve.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	30190   Click image for larger version

Name:	tank flush line.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	30191  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags