Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Jmill8

slider stops

2003 Montana 3295RK main sliders stop mid travel in and out. Release switch for 10 seconds and travel starts again when switch pressed. Bedroom slide works fine. ATF tank full. Any ideas on problem?
Jmill8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The hydraulic slide mechanism owners manual is located here:

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Ow...de-out-web.pdf

Although it may not be "specific" to your slide, they all pretty much work the same way, so it has some good information.

Some things to check:

1. If it moves normally (up to a point) then stops moving, does the pump still sound the same? Maybe there's a bad electrical connection on the pump or its wiring causing it to not get sufficient power all the time... ie: Bad ground? That's the first thing Lippert recommends in their troubleshooting.

2. Have you had a leak or filled the reservoir recently? Cycle the slide several times, there may be air (or a leak) in the system and the actuator isn't filled with hydraulic fluid, rather it has air in it. The way to purge the air out of the system is to cycle the room in and out a few times.

I'd bet that you probably have a bad ground somewhere and the pump isn't getting enough power to run properly and it just "gives up" mid cycle. Listen carefully for any change in pump sound when operating, that's most likely your key.

Good Luck!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:02 AM   #3
mhs4771

Have you done the fix to double up the auto reset circuit breaker for the slide pump?? It is undersized from the factory and if power is low or you batteries are down a little it will draw too much current for the single breaker. Mine always worked fine when connected to shore power, but in boondocking would have problems when getting ready to leave, doubled the breaker, no problem now.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
goldtrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Have you done the fix to double up the auto reset circuit breaker for the slide pump?? It is undersized from the factory and if power is low or you batteries are down a little it will draw too much current for the single breaker. Mine always worked fine when connected to shore power, but in boondocking would have problems when getting ready to leave, doubled the breaker, no problem now.
Howdy, I was looking for an answer to this exact problem and searched this up. My slides going in or out stop numerous times on my 2011 324 RLQ. I can hear the breaker reset and then the pump will continue on for a bit, then shut down again.

Question, how do I double up the breaker?
goldtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
canesfan

I had the same problem on my last rig. Had a buddy mechanic replace the breaker with a larger one. Solved the problem. I think he got the breaker at Autozone if I remember.

I wish I could say what size breaker the new one was, but I just got rid of that rig and threw the box away the breaker came in. Sorry.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
goldtrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
I had the same problem on my last rig. Had a buddy mechanic replace the breaker with a larger one. Solved the problem. I think he got the breaker at Autozone if I remember.

I wish I could say what size breaker the new one was, but I just got rid of that rig and threw the box away the breaker came in. Sorry.
Thanks, I will find the breaker and check the size and see what it is and can be replaced with. Appreciate the reply.
goldtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote