Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
TexasRookies18

Alpine 3651RL

After a year of struggling to make the bed and hitting our heads while sleeping, we traded in our small “starter camper” for a 5th wheel. We walked through many but decided on an Alpine 3651RL.

We spent our first weekend in it and loved it. Initial issues: large window shade in living room does not go up as it should. One of the batteries is showing as having “zero charge” on it via the in command system.

But wow - we are so thrilled overall. Gorgeous floor plan. Tons of storage both inside and outside. King bed and love all of the windows. It’s been three days, but so far, we are happy customers and happy campers!
TexasRookies18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRookies18 View Post
After a year of struggling to make the bed and hitting our heads while sleeping, we traded in our small “starter camper” for a 5th wheel. We walked through many but decided on an Alpine 3651RL.

We spent our first weekend in it and loved it. Initial issues: large window shade in living room does not go up as it should. One of the batteries is showing as having “zero charge” on it via the in command system.

But wow - we are so thrilled overall. Gorgeous floor plan. Tons of storage both inside and outside. King bed and love all of the windows. It’s been three days, but so far, we are happy customers and happy campers!
Congrats on the new Alpine, I’m sure you will enjoy it. At the time we looked, Alpine didn’t have the floorplan we desired so went with an Avalanche instead. Concerning the shade, let me guess, one made by MCD? Those things are notorious for loosing their spring tension requiring readjustment/and or replacement. We had to have all the large shades replaced within the first year of the warranty.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
Retired Copper

and enjoy your new camper.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
TexasRookies18

Thank you!! This whole “office job” thing is getting in my way! �� We are living for the weekends now for sure!
Old 04-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
TexasRookies18

Thanks John and Jenny! Yeah, I have read that the shades could use some improvement. It sounds like an opportunity for a new invention! (By someone much smarter than me). I look at it this way... , it sure beats rolling up the “tent window” by hand like we had to do when we were kids! ����☺️
Old 04-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #6
5J's

Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. The Alpine 3651RL is a popular floor plan. Enjoy!!

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #7
TexasRookies18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. The Alpine 3651RL is a popular floor plan. Enjoy!!
The floor plan sold us. Scary purchase to be “wrong” on, so we really hope we chose wisely. Thank you for the welcome!! Always great to see fellow Texans!!!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #8
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRookies18 View Post
The floor plan sold us. Scary purchase to be “wrong” on, so we really hope we chose wisely. Thank you for the welcome!! Always great to see fellow Texans!!!
I see you're in S.A. we live just off I-10 between S.A. and Houston. One of our go to spots is Leisure Resort in Fentress. It's just outside of San Marcos so it's relatively close to you guys. I think that'd be a great place for a shake down.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #9
TexasRookies18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
I see you're in S.A. we live just off I-10 between S.A. and Houston. One of our go to spots is Leisure Resort in Fentress. It's just outside of San Marcos so it's relatively close to you guys. I think that'd be a great place for a shake down.
Just checked out the Leisure resort website! Most definitely adding it to our list!!
Old 04-17-2019, 04:04 AM   #10
frankyb01

the DW and I literally stumbled upon a 3450RL alpine several years ago. We have never regretted it. Hope you enjoy yours immensely.
U.S.A.F. (ret.) 1976-1996
frankyb01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine