Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
Craigidyllwild

Hose Storage &

2 questions for the price of 1. How do you all store your fresh water hose? I see a bin or "caddy" at Camping World that looks handy.

How do you store your 50 amp hose....MAN.....that thing is big and heavy!! And pricy if you need to replace one.....

Thanks all.....
Craigidyllwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I keep all of my fresh water items in plastic totes; hoses, L for fresh water inlet, pressure regulator, filters, Ys etc. I keep all my black water stuff in another tote; hose caps, wrenches, black water flush hose, gloves etc. The 50 amp cable is heavy. Some have reels, auto wind reels or, like me, coil it up in the pass through along with the portable surge protector on the end.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
theallde

I installed a MorRYDE hand crank reel in the storage compartment - easy to reel in/out verses trying to rollup. As for the water hoses, I roll those up by hand and connect the ends to prevent leaking water.
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:11 AM   #4
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigidyllwild View Post
How do you all store your fresh water hose?
Like Sourdough, I use the clear bucket storage bins. I keep fresh water on one side of the basement and blackwater-related on the other. Something that hasn't been said, and I assume most do, is drain the water from the hose before storing. I often request the assistance of the DW to help ensure the hose end doesn't drag on the ground (at least for the fresh water hose). The water flows out as I am coiling it, and then I couple the two ends together to prevent any remaining water from draining into the bucket.

I'm a 30 amp unit with the cord stored in the trailer so I can't assist on the other question.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:40 AM   #5
Todd727

Quote:
2 questions for the price of 1. How do you all store your fresh water hose? I see a bin or "caddy" at Camping World that looks handy.

How do you store your 50 amp hose....MAN.....that thing is big and heavy!! And pricy if you need to replace one.....

Thanks all.....
Drain the water while coiling the hose, connect the ends and hang it on hooks that mounted in the front compartment. Also mounted to hooks for coax, which I coil and hang.

For electric: MORryde Tall Easy Reel
Old 03-30-2017, 04:46 AM   #6
rhagfo

Wow, in the beginning I kept black water fittings in a small tote in the basement, never liked that idea.
Then went the route of the 5" vinyl fence post, which holds every thing safely away from other stuff.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #7
Craigidyllwild

Thanks all for your insight. I'm ordering a hose caddy from camping world for the fresh water hose. The sewer hose live in the bumper. The sewer fittings live in a separate bin.
The huge 50 amp chord is another matter....I'll deal with that when I get organized better. Cant wait to take the 5er out...
Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #8
rhagfo

Quote:
Thanks all for your insight. I'm ordering a hose caddy from camping world for the fresh water hose. The sewer hose live in the bumper. The sewer fittings live in a separate bin.
The huge 50 amp chord is another matter....I'll deal with that when I get organized better. Cant wait to take the 5er out...
Well the solution for that is SO cable 6/4! I have 40' in a 3 gallon bucket.

My hand is for scale, not pressing down on the cable.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #9
Craigidyllwild

That is a great idea
Old 03-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
Dave W

I drag the 50 amp cable out only when we will need both a/c units. Instead, I'll use a 30 amp cable. Both are 2 sections and each total 50 feet. The 30 amp nestles in the coiled up 50 and lays on the 5ers basement floor. Yes, I am aware that we can't run the a/c and HW heater along with a couple other lower power users but after many years without having a 50 amp RV, we are both well trained. The stinky slinky is kept in a tote along with any fittings that may be used. The potable water hose is usually drained, rolled, ends connected and also left on the basement floor. Obviously, that basement has a lot less 'stuff' in it then many other folks carry, but it is a huge pass through area and just seems to absorb whatever I plunk in there.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #11
mtofell

Plastic storage bins are great for all the hoses and whatnot. Different ones for different purposes kept far apart. I don't a newer/huge RV with a dump valve cubby station so I just keep the L-connector for campground opening, my gray water dump hose and boxes of chemicals in a Rubbermaid bin with a cover. First thing when I get to the campground that gets pulled from the bathroom and thrown under the trailer. Last thing after dumping tanks it gets put back. The stinky slinky goes in the bumper. The outdoor kitchen, soap and paper towels are all available until the last moment I drive off. Honestly, the #1 thing I love about my outdoor kitchen is an accessible hand washing station without going inside.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #12
Murmaids

We carry our electrical cords in heavy duty bags coiled up. One in each in a bag. Just got a trailer with storage that goes all the way through so, we had to make sure everything was reachable from the storage under the bed. White hoses, stored in other bags connected together to keep clean and away from black tank items. Black hose two types are kept in the bumper. Call it over protective crazy, but have low immunity so, we even spray a clorox type spray before and after dumping on my hoses to help keep down problems.

Mary an Ann

(A mystical creature seen on or near the water by sailors)
Murmaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:11 AM   #13
JenniferNJohnny

We've just bought a Impact and we are planning to install these.
http://pin.it/xnQQfps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
storage