Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2016, 03:57 AM   #1
trueweb

A few Reviews of Virginia RV Businesses

Recently I've had to have some major work done to my RV that I was not willing to do on my own and I wasn't sure one of the traveling repair people could do, so I shopped around.

To replace the front landing gear and rear jacks I used RV Services of Virginia http://rvserviceofva.com/. They also did some testing on my Generator. I actually felt concerned after I dropped it off, their front line team is less than agreeable. They make you feel like they are busy with so many other things. I could cite so many frustrating examples, but I won't. However, whenever I spoke directly to a technician they were all amazingly helpful, good natured and fun. To be clear, they were never mean, just not really customer centric. They did fantastic work. Some mods were necessary and they did a clean job with tying all the custom work into the original. Their pricing is high on the hard goods. It appears they charge retail pricing instead of what you can buy the parts for on the Market. Labor is on the high end of normal, but I would say it's worth it. If they were more friendly and reasonable on hard goods pricing they'd be A+. They also have a good selection of parts and accessories in their showroom.

My generator needed some work and RV Services was backlogged for that type of work and their pricing, particularly on the parts seemed jaw-dropping. I found Cummins Atlantic http://www.cumminsatlantic.com/ in Richmond. They can also do work on your Onan generators, so if you need one worked on take it there. From their service desk to their technicians they were fantastic to work with. They tested things and reported back to me what was needed along the way. Pricing was competitive with Amazon on parts and labor was in line. I'm sure I saved 20% or more by having the work done at Cummins Atlantic.

While I was in the area I found another small RV dealer in Richmond, Southern RV http://www.southernrv4u.com/. Never bought an RV from them, but their service/parts counter was well stocked, very friendly and was happy to take my more technical questions back to their technicians. I'm always happy when a place sends me away with empty hands and new knowledge. It usually means they are doing the right thing and I'll eventually come back and buy something.
trueweb is offline   Reply With Quote