Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
mpoint3

Laredo Roof Problems

Tell me what you think...

The roof on my 2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL pulled loose from the trim that holds it down in front. Doesn't look like it will be covered by warranty - we're just outside of a year on the original warranty. The local yokel service center "fixed" it by creating a larger mess to deal with, so I'm there with dicor working on things myself. So I'm wondering...is it just my luck? Is it Keystone? Is it something that could have been prevented if I had a 5th wheel with both a front end and rear end cap to help stabilize torque on the rig? Has anyone else had this issue?
mpoint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
Canam

I had a similar experience last summer with my Fuzion TH. It started as a small bubble about 5 feet from the front cap and grew in size as the heat from the sun warmed the glue, and the vacuum created by traveling at highway speeds pulled the roof material upward. It looks like your roof material has stretched and has pulled away from the front cap.
I put a camera on the roof to figure mine out, but i'd bet the bubble created on your roof is large enough for most drivers to see when going down the highway. I have passed other trailers with this problem and have seen bubbles that stretch the roof material about 3 feet high.

The black tape near the A/C unit is where the roof bubble pushed up and cut the rubber against the A/C.

I think the only way to repair the roof is to peel back the entire front section of the roof and glue it back down, then secure and reseal with sealant.
Keystone replaced my entire roof and substructure under good will warranty.
Canam is offline   Reply With Quote