Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
GrumpyG

First trip back to the dealer...

I've had my Passport 23RB at home now for almost 2 weeks. I've hooked everything up and used it. So far so good. Haven't had it out on the road except for the trip home from the dealer, so we'll see how that goes.

When I picked up the TT I ordered an awning for over the slide and a Dometic 320s toilet to replace the 300 that the TT came with. Today they called to let me know the parts are in.

This dealer does not ask that I bring the camper in and let it sit on his lot until he can get to it. They actually give you an appointment, and if the work can be done in a day, you can wait for it if you choose. I spent almost $15K on a garage for my previous RV and I feel a whole lot better with it in there rather than on a dealer's lot. I really appreciate that aspect of service from my dealer.

Note: I said I have used everything, but that is wrong. Out of deference to the techs who will be installing the new toilet, I did not use the current one. Some things are only right.

So I have an appointment to take it in next Thursday, and will wait while they do the upgrades. This is a small- to medium-sized dealership, so I plan on providing lunch the day I am there. Little things go a long way in establishing a good relationship with your dealer.

Oh yeah, one other thing I need them to do is give me the model # and serial # of my A/C. I need that for the warranty card. Why manufacturers don't provide a Build Sheet with this information on it is beyond me. I'm 67 years old and my days of climbing on top of a TT are long past.
GrumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #2
slow

You will appreciate having the 320 toilet installed.

Please post pictures of your slide topper (opened and closed) if it is not too much trouble. I am curious to see how it is installed since i have been considering adding one to our 23RB.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
GrumpyG

I will post pics of the awning, no problem. I think this should be standard on this TT. As I said about climbing on the roof to check the A/C, I'm also not big on climbing up to brush or blow leaves off the slide. Keeping my feet on the ground is good.

By the way... I really like this camper. Perfect layout. But you already know that.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There "should be" a build sheet for your trailer. Usually it's a yellow form that's completed by hand. Mine for both the Springdale and the Cougar were in the owner's packet with all the other information. It is very easy to overlook since it's only a single 8x10 sheet of paper.

Sometimes, other manufacturers glue it to the inside of a cupboard or closet door, but I haven't seen that on any Keystone products.

While you're at the dealership, if you can't locate your build sheet, ask the dealer for a copy. They may have kept it so they could report all the warranty information for your unit.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #5
GrumpyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There "should be" a build sheet for your trailer. Usually it's a yellow form that's completed by hand. Mine for both the Springdale and the Cougar were in the owner's packet with all the other information. It is very easy to overlook since it's only a single 8x10 sheet of paper.

Sometimes, other manufacturers glue it to the inside of a cupboard or closet door, but I haven't seen that on any Keystone products.

While you're at the dealership, if you can't locate your build sheet, ask the dealer for a copy. They may have kept it so they could report all the warranty information for your unit.
Yeah... "should be" is a wonderful thing. Service manager claims it doesn't exist. Not in my packet for sure. They can climb on the roof. LOL!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
KanTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyG View Post
Yeah... "should be" is a wonderful thing. Service manager claims it doesn't exist. Not in my packet for sure. They can climb on the roof. LOL!
Grumpy! We didn't get a build sheet with our Laredo [either]..... got one in 2007 with our 1st Keystone, but not with the 2nd.
Maybe the "build sheet guy" retired, and went camping???

We made our own "info sheet" (including tire dates) for the Laredo. Hopefully someone from your dealer will help locate the info that you can't access/reach.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:37 AM   #7
GaryWT

Our dealer does appointments as well. It is nice as I spend the day looking at trailers as they unlock them all, helps pass the time. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote