Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
CFDfireman90

Schwintek slide controller location?

We have a 2015 Bullet 230BHS. I was looking over the manual for the Schwintek slide out and it says there is a controller that has some led lights, reset button and a 30 amp fuse. The manual however fail to mention any possible location for said controller. With any luck we will never have any issues with it, but would like to know in advance where this controller is located. Any thought from the very helpful Keystone Forum membership?
CFDfireman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Those elusive controllers can be hard to find. Look for a panel at floor level near one end of the slide. It should take a #2 square head driver to remove the screws. Here's some useful information you can write down so you dont panic if the slide fails.

Once you locate the controller, you'll notice there are two sets of wires plugged into it. Each one is for a motor. The motors are located at the tops of each end, and operate a worm gear at the top and bottom. If the slide fails, just locate the controller and the blinking LED will tell you the issue and which motor. The codes are on a label glued to the face. It will also have instructions on how to "override" everything to retract the slide.

Best advise. Run the slide until the motors stop not when you think the room is done moving. The motors synchronize with each other at the end of each movement. If the room starts to move in/out unevenly, run the room 3 FULL moves, staying on the button until ALL noise stops. Regular lubrication with DRY LUBE ONLY will help keep things running smooth.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:44 AM   #3
CFDfireman90

Excellent info there. I will have to look for the panel you speak of. Thank you.
CFDfireman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Cfoxtrot

After looking at your floor plan I would bet the panel is in the bottom of the pantry. Thats where mine is on my 281BHS

2013 Bullet 281BHS
2016 F150 SCREW 5.0
Cfoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote