Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
Ivy

Awning LEDs flickering

Hey gang,
I have a new 2014 Keystone Hideout. Right now, I have it set up in my yard plugged in to my house, getting loaded for a nine-month trip.

All seems okay, except the LED strip in the awning flickers on and off. It does it on its own, sometimes, but also flickers when someone shakes the trailer--most of the LEDs will turn off, and can stay off until bumped again. After 30 minutes, it seems to "warm up" and become normal (I think).

Is this normal? Any advice, much appreciated,
Ivy
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
austinp

I have a 2014 Hideout and when I turn mine on they stay on. No flickering or warming up needed. Sounds like you might have a short. You might remove and check the connections on the LED switch.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:20 AM   #3
whoop

Mine does the same on my new Hideout... Plus 3 of the leds stay out even when the rest of the strip decides to work....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
Sprinter274

Ivy,
I agree with austinp, it definitely sounds like your having a connection issue especially if its when you get movement. Idk exactly what you have but if its a flat strip then check your connections. You want to make sure they are secure, if the strip is like a rope of Xmas lights, make sure each led is pushed in tightly.
And I can tell you for sure, led's don't have a warm-up time, they are not like a standard bulb that has a filament which warms up and gives light.
Hope that helps and good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Sprinter274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
sears532

Unhappy similar

Just bought a Hideout .... supposed to have awning lights.... and no one knows how to turn them on..... and the info is not in the manual..... feeling like and idiot.....
sears532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
austinp

The awning light switch on my Hideout is above the three light switches above the galley sink. I hope this helps.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Ivy

Sorry its been so long replying

Thank you everyone for the info. Sorry for the delay. It has been a bit of an adjustment for us living on the road. Reliable internet/cell service has been a little hard to come by. I believe we have a short in the wiring. Now on to the next issue... finding a dealer that will take us on short notice is a little hard to find as well.

Thanks again everyone.

Ivy
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
sears532

Just got word from the service center.... That switch that would not turn on anything is actually for the awning lights that were not hooked up.... Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sears532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #9
dieselsmoke

Just for the record, I just got a 2014 Hideout 298bhds and my awning lights flicker and only partially light. The dealer found it during the delivery inspection and ordered a replacement. Seems like the awning lights on this model may be problematic
dieselsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
bigredcherokee

We picked up a 2015 Hideout 27BDS and the night we had it it only had one led out, but now its all out. Bringing it to a repair shop here in Shreveport.
bigredcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:53 PM   #11
Rver2

Hideout fifth wheel

Led awning lights making a buzzing noise , now when I turn them on they'll stay on for a few seconds then shut themselves off
Rver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rver2 View Post
Led awning lights making a buzzing noise , now when I turn them on they'll stay on for a few seconds then shut themselves off
The thread you are responding to is over 6 years old. I think you'll have a better chance of getting responses if you start a new thread.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote