Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Bob Landry

Cougar High Country 317RL

I was looking at one at the dealership today and noticed something interesting. The low point drains are almost exactly in the center of the frame. Does Keystone include a mechanic's creeper with the trailer to open them, because short of belly crawling under the trailer, there is no other way to get to them. It appears that Keystone always positions the low point drains directly under the galley sink.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
buzzcop63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
I was looking at one at the dealership today and noticed something interesting. The low point drains are almost exactly in the center of the frame. Does Keystone include a mechanic's creeper with the trailer to open them, because short of belly crawling under the trailer, there is no other way to get to them. It appears that Keystone always positions the low point drains directly under the galley sink.
Mine are under drivers side front, three of them, one the Fresh water tank drain, two low point drains, can reach on knee's from side. Screw caps to undue, would be nice if they had drain valves, got to get a few of those, think I might stay dryer!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Bob Landry

I replaced the caps on my Outback with valves. It would have taken very little time and material to run the drains out to the side of the trailer where they could be easily reached. No biggie for a younger man, but it may be a little harder for older guys, especially if they have any kind of mobility issues. Construction-wise, I think Keystone builds a reasonable quality trailer, but these are just some of the attention to detail, that they are so fond of overlooking in the name of bottom line profit.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
mobile42

I also don't understand why Keystone stuck the drains right in the center and above the axles. I too replaced the caps on my Cougar with valves so I just throw a piece on cardboard on the ground and slide it under the 5th wheel and do the crawl thing.
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Yosemitebob

When we went thought the trailer before pick up I mentioned that to the sales person, they had valves on it a ½ hour later. Simple to do, don't know why Keystone doesn't do it, well maybe I do, you times the valves by what 150,000 trailers a year, it's all about cost.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote