Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
skidooxman

Winter package

I have a 2013 Fuzion 300, anyone know if these are 4 season trailers? I thought salesmen said yes but I cannot figure out how the tank heaters come on. Thanks everyone, any help is appreciated.
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

skidooxman -

I suppose you could say that, depending upon where you live and camp, it might qualify as a "four season TT". If you spend time in areas where the temperatures are below freezing for any length of time then you should take steps to ensure that your water lines will not freeze by winterizing your RV. Here in these areas, the "4 Season" label means nothing.
Dry camping in freezing temperatures presents another set of challenges which usually require winterizing your RV and having "heated" tanks doesn't solve the water line issue.
I am not familiar enough with the "tank heater" setup in your unit and can't comment on how they are turned on. Are the tanks heated by dedicated, separate tank heaters? If so, do they run on 110V? 12v? Are they heated by the 2" warm air duct from the furnace? If they are, you have to have the furnace running before any heat will reach the tanks. By the time this warm air reaches the tanks a large percentage of the heat will be lost since the tanks located in the underbelly are not at all well insulated.

Perhaps some members who have this unit will chime in and provide you with the answers to your tank heater question.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
BulletOwner1

I don't know about your rig but on mine the only heat to the tanks is from the RV furnace. A separate duct goes down into the covered underbelly so unless you run the furnace there is no heat provided. I do know that just saying that a rig has a "four season, artic pack, thermal package or whatever" is a very vague description of what Manufacturers put on. There is no standard.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You may not have the heat pads on your tanks. If you check the Keystone website, OPTIONAL heat pads on the holding tanks were available on the fifth wheel models. The website does not include them as an option for the travel trailers in the Fuzion series. So, the salesman may have been referring to his "memory" of options on the fifth wheels when he told you that the holding tanks have electric heaters.

That said, I'd first look for tank heater switches at or near the control panel inside the RV. If I couldn't find switches, I'd next undo a couple of the screws holding the coroplast in place, pull it down a couple of inches and shine a flashlight on the bottom of a couple of the holding tanks. If you do have tank heaters, they will be flat plastic sheets stuck to the bottom of the tank with two wires running from them to the switch (where ever it might be).

I couldn't imagine the power to the tank heaters being wired into the furnace power. That may be a "convenient" way to power them, so the owner doesn't forget to turn them on, but it would significantly limit the available "dry camping" run time and force the owner to always power the tank heaters every time they turn on the furnace. I don't think that even Keystone would short think that much. But maybe..........

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote