Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
roger1

Slideout not working

Hi
I have a 2002 28ft liteway the electric slide for some reason is not working, is there a hand crank that I can move the slide and if so where would I find it
Thanks Roger

Roger- this post was moved from the Forum Technical Support section to here. Moderator
roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Dave45039

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1 View Post
Hi
I have a 2002 28ft liteway the electric slide for some reason is not working, is there a hand crank that I can move the slide and if so where would I find it
Thanks Roger
We had an O3 Liteway Outback. There was no crank. You had to use a socket wrench. On ours, access was under the dinette bench on the inside. Had to feel around the floor for a soft spot in the carpet. Then you had to cut it open to get access to the mechanism with your wrench to move the slide in or out.

Hope this helps.

Dave & Janet

2013 Cougar 333MKS
2013 GMC 2500HD 6.0L / 4.10
[/LIST]
Dave45039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Jager

I would be looking for a loose or broken wire . . . maybe a blown fuse or connector that came apart. Do you hear the slide motor do anything? If it makes no sound I would suggest getting under the slide, find the motor and see if you have 12v there. Or, if you have a 12v fused source of power try applying 12v to it. Hummm, I'm assuming it is a DC motor, does anyone know for sure?

Anyway those steps should tell you something.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
outrider

All my slide outs quit working so I used the remote and they worked. Head scratcher! Found a 30A fuse in the battery compartment was blown. Replaced the fuse and all is well. Wish there was a wiring diagram for my 5er. It sure would make things easier. Prior to the battery compartment search, I pulled the control panel. Another problem. Whoever cut the panel made the hole to large and the top screws were holding by the threads to the hole edge. Go figure. Noticed that the slide switches were jumpered with the 12v DC line and the probe revealed no 12vdc. That is when I went to the battery compartment.

Accompanied by Peanut
known as mouth with legs
outrider is offline   Reply With Quote