Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2021, 05:15 AM   #1
RickV

Suburban Tankless Water Heater

We have the Suburban Nautilus RL Tankless Water Heater with the Recirculating Loop. While the WH is still working fine the recirculation part has quit working. Is the anyway to reset or check out the recirculation pump?

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:52 AM   #2
ChuckS

You will be hard pressed to find much on the IW60RL series on demand water heater since it is only installed during OEM build... The IW60 series water heater does not have the rec pump so the available manual is most likely not gonna help...

All I can offer is ..
1. its a 12 volts DC pump
2. You could verify IF the pump is receiving 12 volts power to it FROM THE CONTROL board by turning ON the REc Loop and then measure for 12 volts DC to the Rec Pump..
3. If you have 12 volts going to pump from board and pump not running then you know its an issue with the pump motor itself and not the control module board

That's where I would start

Since your Alpine is a 2021 that's under warranty and should be able to get new board or pump motor

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #3
RickV

It is working now. We were adjusting the temps down for taking showers �� I was turning it down to 95 and just turning the faucet to full hot so I wouldn't have to chase the temp. I guess it has to be at 120 for the keep hot recirculation to work. One thing that was confusing me was before when we had the recirculation mode on there was a little spinning Icon on the pad display. Even though the recirculation is working at 120 the icon doesn't show. I think I may call Suburban Tech Support on Tuesday to verify if it has to be 120+ to use recirculation or if there's something wrong. I like not having to chase the hot/cold mix when taking a shower
BTW thanks, Chuck for the input. I have a list going for warrantee work when we get home in early November to have the dealer fix

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
Old 10-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
RickV

Ok another problem just popped up with the Tankless Water Heater. I got in the shower and was soaped up then the water turned cold had the wife bump up the thermostat 10 degrees it got hot again for about a minute (just long enough to rinse off) then turned cold again. I always have the shower lever on full hot. Was working fine yesterday and there is plenty of propane. Is there a reset or anything like that. Not sure if it matters but it is pretty windy here and there are strong gusts.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
Old 10-28-2021, 09:50 PM   #5
ChuckS

Personally I wouldn't have an Alpine with that water heater they used..

Why? You can't buy hardly any parts for the RL series of the IW60 water heater because it is only installed by OEM builders...

Such a stupid thing Suburban is doing with this model water heater and they will hardly give you any Tech Support and you can't find a service manual specifically for that model...

The IW60 series service manual is readily available and you can buy ANY part for that unit at many RV parts websites

For me... the good old fashioned Suburban SW12DEL water heater is trued and true.. simply in design, reliable, easy to TS and I'd replace the on demand with the DW12DEL in a heart beat if the unit started giving me issues...

ANd the RL series model will....

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, tank, water, water heater