Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2021, 05:23 PM   #1
Zenitrame

Air conditioner not cooling

Hello all,
I’ve got an issue with my Dometic 15,000 AC. The AC will not start when the interior temp of the trailer is reading 100+. Happened right after arriving in Phoenix. I was setting up and it was very hot outside (112F) but the AC would not turn on. Ended up staying at a hotel until it cooled down to 98F. It has happened again this time while my trailer is parked at my house. I went to turn on the AC, but it would not kick on. The “In-Command” display was once again showing an internal temp of 100F. I thought it must be the In-Command not working but I am able to move the slide, turn on lights and extend the awning using the In-Command. Once the internal temp drops below 100F, the AC kicks on.

Does the AC have a safety that keeps it from turning on? Is it an issue with the In-Command?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Milo
——————————
2019 Keystone Cougar 26RKS
2019 Ram 2500 Hemi Crewcab
Zenitrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitrame View Post
Hello all,
I’ve got an issue with my Domestic 15,000 AC. The AC will not start when the interior temp of the trailer is reading 100+. Happened right after arriving in Phoenix. I was setting up and it was very hot outside (112F) but the AC would not turn on. Ended up staying at a hotel until it cooled down to 98F. It has happened again this time while my trailer is parked at my house. I went to turn on the AC, but it would not kick on. The “In-Command” display was once again showing an internal temp of 100F. I thought it must be the In-Command not working but I am able to move the slide, turn on lights and extend the awning using the In-Command. Once the internal temp drops below 100F, the AC kicks on.

Does the AC have a safety that keeps it from turning on? Is it an issue with the In-Command?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Milo
Don't know the year of your trailer, how long you've had it etc., but I believe I recall reading there is an issue with certain Dometic gateways exhibiting this problem.

I'm sure someone will provide better info shortly.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #3
jasin1

There are many posts on this problem..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2D78D519-7805-4927-BA2F-536411C5ACE8.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	35080  
Old 08-03-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
jasin1

You can do a search for iN·command or iN·command issues and read through the posts ..someone may be able to link a few posts ..member ChucksS and Lhaven (I think) and a few others have experience with this…it is a known issue and is covered under warranty if it happens while still in warranty I believe…I believe it’s a defective gateway control module but could be wrong…someone may respond

Did you expand the picture in my post above? It has a workaround and simple explanation

Tags
air conditioner