Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #1
Maineiacs

Boroscope, anyone?

I've seen a number of posts about the ducting runs being too long or being bent too sharply to be fully functional. Since I can't quite fit my head into the ducts for a closeup look, I'd like to use one of the relatively inexpensive boroscopes sold on Amazon - among other places. (also would like to peek around the underbelly)

Any personal recommendations for one that would let me creep in virtually 10 or 12 feet for inspection?
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Just me, beyond the the vent box the duct is damn flimsy. I will not put anything into it. I ripped some by just pushing a vacuum nozzle in one to remove construction debris. If your having real problems drop the bottom, easy to fix, re route duct and seal up openings that should be sealed. Look over the holding tanks.
I guess the question is why do you want to look? Any issues the bottom comes down or opened up to repair anyway.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #3
Life-in-Him

As ken/claudia said, it's extremely flimsy.

I started in with my "boroscope" & looking at the first hard bend, decided not to push. The next step is to open the coroplast enough 1" to go in that way. But the access is 3-4' away (rear > front) & other entries along that route have wire & pipe.

Still plan to go in but not till temps go down.

The "duct work" is flimsy to say the least. Crushing it or puncturing it would mean more work.

Instead we use a tall heater-fan to move heat into bedroom when connected
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote