Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #21
Skillet92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Looks like it should be this, based on the number. Someone used a wrong pic in the ad
https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Goosene...9992245&sr=8-1
My only question with this would be how much stress does this put on the front frame area because of the lowered mounting point and the lever effect. I like the idea of only having my gooseneck ball in the bed. I have the Anderson, purchased mine before the warrenty cut off, and love it but having nothing would be even better.
Skillet92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:31 AM   #22
SR71 Jet Mech

I too really like my Andersen hitch. I was also very leery at first and did a to of research and even then was still skeptical. Had it five years with no issues. I also have a fairly light trailer at 12,200 GVWR and just under 35’. However, I would by it again in a heartbeat. Then again I might also look harder at the Goosebox.
I had mine in a Ram 2500 SB CC CTD and now have it in my current new TV and have turned the pin adapter around. It works great either way.
One thing…DO get the safety chain device if you don’t have a puck system.

Scott
SR71 Jet Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:43 AM   #23
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
Do you have a long, or a short bed truck. I'm looking at another shortbed, and as much as I love my pullrite, I also hate the weight.
Long bed RAM dually.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:17 AM   #24
pdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdahmen View Post
Curious if anyone on the forum who uses/or has used the Andersen hitch have actually experienced any structural damage they felt was a direct result of using the Andersen? After ready through many forums I'm just not seeing the complaints, but more of people that use them "love them".

I'm in the process of purchasing a Cougar 364BHL to be towed with 2019 F350 6.7L diesel. Dealer has started selling Andersen hitches again, but have produced the release of claims paperwork purchaser must sign if they decide to go with the Andersen. In an email I received from the salesman the memo actually states "We have one waiver that is specific to Keystone and one that would cover any other manufacturer we may have a similar issue with..."

I've also seen the warranty paperwork from Andersen. Regardless I feel that if something were to happen structurally, both parties will end up pointing the finger at the other.
I have been using an Andersen on a Grand Design Solitude 310GK for going on three years with no issue and Grand Design has not provided the owners of their heavy fifth wheel rigs with any letters..

And, I have asked those who claim the hitches have a high failure rate to provide the reader/owner with an engineering failure analysis-what was the root cause from an engineering perspective. Crickets.
So, there is much more to the Andersen “failures” and Lippert frame issue.
I need to ask, is Lippert practicing a little market protection for one of their products in their “banning” the use of the Andersen?
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #25
Northofu1

Just for informational purposes,,, If you haven't already seen it. It's pricey, but it looks nice.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, hitch