Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #21
madisonjon

I ended up purchasing the VIAIR 400P-RV since it can be used with their winterizing kit (300p cannot).
madisonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #22
ksichelstiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Also look at the CFM rating (Cubic Feet per Minute). The 88P is only 1.47CFM Free Flow @ 0 PSI. Max. I didn't look hard to find the rating under a load. The CFM is critical when looking at high pressure and large volume applications. The 88P would most likely do a good job on a lawn tractor or ATV but require A LOT of time to fill a truck or trailer tire.

You just don't get performance out of a "budget" compressor.
Good points, thanks. I guess if TIME IS MONEY, then it makes sense to spend a little more $$$ now then pay for it later.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:45 AM   #23
KJJ

I have had a smaller Viair 88P for over 3 years. Added an extension to the hose so I can get to trailer tires from the car battery. Used a fair amount, gauge on it is pretty true. It does get hot when run for a minute or more!
KJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksichelstiel View Post
Good points, thanks. I guess if TIME IS MONEY, then it makes sense to spend a little more $$$ now then pay for it later.
It's not just time. If you anticipate using it once and possibly trashing it because it's burned up vs using it regularly for years. You can easily spejd less if you are using it more by going with a more capable and expensive unit.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:46 AM   #25
Tullbooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRod78 View Post
I grabbed a Ryobi 18v cordless 150psi compressor as I already have the drill & batteries and take it with me... Handles a couple of rounds of the rig and truck before needing a fresh battery.

Only problem is there is no way to lock the thing on, so you have to stand there holding the trigger.
Same here. Do you use the 1 gal compressor or tire inflator? I have both, but have always used the inflator.
Tullbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #26
Richeyb

I have had very good luck with my 20volt Dewalt to keep my HC380 and TV plus airbags topped off. Price was right compared to VIAIR.....
Old 04-08-2021, 10:50 AM   #27
goodellj

I got a Viair 400P-RV seven years ago and it is still just like new. I also got a Viair 00042 Digital Inflation Gun with 2.5" Digital Gauge, mostly because it has a clamping chuck which makes usage a breeze. They both work great. I got them both from Amazon.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote