Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
chunker

Norcold 2118 "No AC"

The 2020 Raptor 356 has been plugged into shore power with the fridge turned off and doors open. 2 days ago I turned the fridge on AC to start getting cold. Today I checked and not cooling and flashing "no ac". Switched to gas and working after I finally got gas to the fridge. I have good shore power 50 amp service at home and yes it's good. Other 120vac work fine. I disconnected the power cord into the back of the fridge and no power. Plugged that back in and unplugged at the receptacle on the side wall and plugged into an extension cord. Working. That means the power to the dedicated receptacle is not working. I checked all 120vac breakers and all on. Turned all off and back on. No CBs are labeled fridge.

Any suggestions where to start looking for a bad connection or perhaps another circuit breaker for the fridge? Family coming in a few days and we were planning to have them use the trailer. Meanwhile I'll pull the trim off the front of the CB panel and see it there is a CB with loose connections.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
chunker

Issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
rt looking for a bad connection or perhaps another circuit breaker for the fridge? Family coming in a few days and we were planning to have them use the trailer. Meanwhile I'll pull the trim off the front of the CB panel and see it there is a CB with loose connections.
I went on a popular sister forum and did some reading. A notable contributor replied to a post a couple years ago and discussed GFCI. I went and checked mine and the kitchen 120vac outlets are labeled GFCI protected and finally found one. In the bathroom and before attempting to reset, I plugged a fan into it and yes dead, reset and fan works. Plugged fridge back into dedicated receptacle and it works. Life is good again.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:40 AM   #3
LewisB

Excellent! Glad you got it fixed. Since the receptacle for the fridge is technically "outside" even though it is inside the fridge compartment, I believe there is a code requirement for the GFI protection. Go figure...

Nice post with lots of pre-post trouble shooting and then the resolution. Good info for others in the future.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote