Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Pete1976

WH,Furnace, and fridge no power.

I have a 2006 Keystone laredo. Iunderstand the 12V system but I am stumped. My fridge, WH and furnace lost power, WH element works but wont ignite fuel, furnace fan works but kicks off in 15 or 30 seconds, fridge nothing, not even lights. Converter fan seems good it only kicks on under a load. When I first bought the camper the power cord burnt and was replaced by someone else as it was hooked to an extension cord. Everthing else is normal, no burnt fuses. I do not have a volt ohm meter. Any ideas? Please help. I recently bought a new battery from advanced. 2006 Keystone Laredo.
Pete1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like you some, or all, of your 12vdc somewhere. If you have a VOM you just need to start at the beginning. Make sure the battery is hooked up correctly (you said it is new); check the fuses on the frame (voltage in/out or continuity); check the back of the converter (check like the others). Did you per chance hook the battery up backwards momentarily?

Make sure the battery is good, getting through the fuses and to/into the converter and then see where you are.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Congrats on your first post. First off, buy a multimeter. You can get a basic von for around $10. They are necessary in diagnosing electrical problems. I suspect you reversed the battery cables when you replaced the battery. It's easy to do if the battery cables are white and black instead of red and black. If that's the case then the two reverse polarity guess on the electrical panel will be burnt up. It only takes touching the battery reversed for a split second. Get the von (volt ohm meter) and read the directions. Not having that meter is like asking a doctor to check your heart without a stethoscope.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1976 View Post
I have a 2006 Keystone laredo. I understand the 12V system but I am stumped. My fridge, WH and furnace lost power, WH element works but wont ignite fuel, furnace fan works but kicks off in 15 or 30 seconds, fridge nothing, not even lights. Converter fan seems good it only kicks on under a load. When I first bought the camper the power cord burnt and was replaced by someone else as it was hooked to an extension cord. Everything else is normal, no burnt fuses. I do not have a volt ohm meter. Any ideas? Please help. I recently bought a new battery from advanced. 2006 Keystone Laredo.
Sounds like at least two issues...

WH element works but wont ignite fuel, furnace fan works but kicks off in 15 or 30 seconds

That takes 12 volts or at least some of 12 volts.. Check battery and propane

fridge nothing, not even lights
Takes most of 12 volts to work... CHECK BATTERY..

New don't mean CHARGED

Buy VOM...

Tags
fridge, furnace, power