Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
Ddclausen

Adding AC Power in bedroom Slide out

We just purchased a Sleep Number bed for our Alpine 3400RS. In preparation, I need to put AC power under the bed pedestal. Any suggestions on the way to do this in a slide out? I am experienced in electrical wiring in a home but not in an RV or 5th wheel.
Ddclausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
bobbecky

Our bed slide does not have 120 volts in the slide, only hydraulic lines and 12 volts. Those two things up into the floor below the bed and the 12 volts that feed the reading lights are supplied with a very flexible wire that is able to move when the slide is operated. I had always thought, if I needed to have 120 volts to the bed, I would pick up 120 underneath and feed it up through the same place the hydraulic and 12 volts come, then convert it to a flexible cord, probably one of those coiled cords, that can move with the slide without hanging up. This is a photo of our bed with the plywood removed. The photo doesn't show the entry point, but it is just below where the black and orange hydraulic lines are going in the lower right of the photo, and that is also where the 12 volt line comes up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed slide.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	20456  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:01 AM   #3
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddclausen View Post
We just purchased a Sleep Number bed for our Alpine 3400RS. In preparation, I need to put AC power under the bed pedestal. Any suggestions on the way to do this in a slide out? I am experienced in electrical wiring in a home but not in an RV or 5th wheel.
Do you need it is the slide or just under the bed?
It would be a lot easier to place it just under the bed, the cord for the bed it's self should be long enough to reach an outlet under the bed near the head.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, power, slide, slide out