Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
ljp

Shower door & glass

Purchased a TT that has the shower door and side panels removed but remain together. Can the door be separated from each glass side panel and then reinstalled in the shower?

It appears the side panels may separate from the door but I can't see how they are attached to one another. Or, must the door and side panels go in as a single unit?

Thanks.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5010.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	14291  
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp View Post
Purchased a TT that has the shower door and side panels removed but remain together. Can the door be separated from each glass side panel and then reinstalled in the shower?

It appears the side panels may separate from the door but I can't see how they are attached to one another. Or, must the door and side panels go in as a single unit?

Thanks.....
How about a picture of what you are describing? It would be a lot easier and far more accurate for any of us to offer useful and proper answers. What I envision you describing is most likely not going to be the same as the next person.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
gearhead

You talking about the shower door with 3 sliding glass panels?
If so I would try to install it in one piece.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe the OP has a neo-angle corner shower. If that's correct, then the 3 panel shower wall/door that he's asking about is an aluminum frame with an outswinging door as the center panel and two stationary smaller glass panels, one on each side.

Typically, this style door is assembled with silicone to prevent leaks and is not easily disassembled. I'd suggest jockeying it into the bathroom, fitting it to the shower pan, if it fits properly, then devise some way to secure the ends to the trailer walls/shower surround. I wouldn't attempt to take it apart, if you bend the aluminum it will never fit properly and while trying to separate the parts, you'll probably twist, bend or torque the aluminum channels.

As a consideration, the glass shower panels are available at Trekwood. If what I read is accurate, that assembly costs about $326.80 plus shipping which I'd guess would be around $150. http://www.trekwood.com/products/294...Glass-Platinum

ADDED: The shower door/wall assembly sits in two vertical aluminum channels, one on each trailer wall. The entire assembly is only attached/screwed to the trailer at those vertical channels. The bottom of the glass/aluminum wall sections rides on the shower base and is sealed with silicone. If you attempt to fasten that part to the trailer/shower base, you'll probably break it while towing. The movement of the trailer walls and the shower base/trailer floor will twist/torque the glass/aluminum and cause it to break.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
ljp

Photo of the shower door in question added to my original post.

Thanks.....
Old 10-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #6
theeyres

Thanks for posting the photo. I wonder why the previous owner took it out? Can you not reinstall the whole unit? That's what I would try to do.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
theeyres

More thinking about this: I may be restating the obvious if you have done these types of installs before but if you do decide to reinstall it, don't set it in place and then try to caulk it. It will leak forever. Make sure it fits with a trial run, caulk all the channels, and then set the unit in place. It will never leak. The bottom and sides have to be caulked first, then the unit squished into the caulk.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
ljp

Previous owner was a large person and the glass reportedly didn't give them room to move around easily. A plastic curtain was installed.

In order to ensure there are no leaks we will have the shower door reinstalled by the service dept., at an RV dealership. For me, the door is too cumbersome to work with in a small area. The panels have loosened and is the reason I have the bungee cords attached side to side.

Thanks again for the feedback.....

Tags
glass