Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
rbev2308

Front basement door repair

Let my parents pull my Alpine from their house to mine. When hooking up, left tailgate down and punched hole into the door. Door is 58 x 28 and has a 3 x 3 approx break where styrofoam inside is visible. Did not go all the way thru the inner side but not desiring this to get wet. I seen some online places and ebay that has compartment doors. Do not desire to take to a dealer, would rather do on my own. Questions are:

1) Is this something that can be repaired or does the entire sheet covering it have to be replaced?

2) If you buy a standard door of this size, I can easily swap over the locks and latches, how would you get color match?

3) Is this something I can order from Keystone or a dealer on my own?

4) How do I get the color code in case I do desire to order via an online place

Appreciate any advice. In the big scheme of things, it is really no big deal. They feel bad considering they have owned and towed way more than me.

See pic...Thanks/Ross
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	8644  
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
HammerToe

Can't/won't be able to help you by trying to answer your specific questions but thought I'd mention that I also managed to damage one of my cargo bay doors by happening to leave it open while attempting to close the bedroom slide above it. The open cargo bay door was 'pulled inward' by the flange on the slideout, slightly bent and the/a cam lock on the door was 'punched' partway through the door.

Fixed it myself with a fiberglas kit/gel repair kit and didn't worry about the color. Just ordered some Good Quality Vinyl Sign/Decal material (12" roll) online: Amazon: check out http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...eywords=oracal which I used to create a nice, arcing graphic which I applied over the damage and ... it's done/gone/satisfactory.
HammerToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
CarKath

You can check out out Trekwood. They will have your door. Probably be a couple hundred bucks. If it was mine, I'd pay the price. I like personally like original replacement parts and not " will / may fit " aftermarket. Your nickel however.

Good Luck
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
trucker LOU

Hey, I had similar damage to front locker door. Made emergency on the road repair with White "racer tape", which is heavy duty duct tape.that was 2010, just redid the repair the same way. it passes the 40 test for looks; 40mph or 40 feet.----Lou----
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #5
rbev2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKath View Post
You can check out out Trekwood. They will have your door. Probably be a couple hundred bucks. If it was mine, I'd pay the price. I like personally like original replacement parts and not " will / may fit " aftermarket. Your nickel however.

Good Luck
Thanks for the info. Never knew about that site and yes, they carry the door. I may run with a temp solution but eventually, will replace!!!
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote